Tattooing

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 4hmama, Apr 27, 2009.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    I need to purchase a tattoo kit for my ND kids. Any suggestions? Hoeggers has one and so does Jeffers. I am looking at the 3/8" kits with the ear release. Any ideas or advice?

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    what breed are you tattooin? and whatever size you get get 1 that has the ear release. 3/8 is for big goats like the nubian ears. It will work on ND just a REAL big tattoo for them. but its the one I use Capriene supply is where I got a whole kit for like $80.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have STONE no ear release. It works fine for me

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I dont like ear releases, they dont work you still have to peel the ear off the pegs, and it just gets in the way. The deeper the tattoo is the easier it is to read. It sounds harsh but when you draw a little blood you know you have a good tattoo.
    I have the 5/16 one i think. Which ever has the five diget holder. That way i only have to tattoo my whethers once instead of twice.
    beth

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have the 3/8 w/ear release from Hoeggers and it has worked great for me. I don't have a problem at all getting a nice deep tattoo. I agree though the 3/8 might be a tad big for those little ND ears.