The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lovey:Hi again. Love this forum! I have 2 Mini-Nubian doelines, 8 & 10 weeks. They're getting friendly, especially when I have treats in my hand. Now, what's the best way to teach them to NOT put their front feet up on me? Obviously don't want them doing that when they're grown!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I bop them on the nose every single time they jump on me. Takes a while, some learn more quickly than others, but they will stop after a while if you are consistent. I have also heard that you can spray them with vinegar water, but have never tried it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I just grab their front legs and set them gently on the ground and try to avoid situations where they would want to jump on me. For example, standing by a tempting tree branch that they just need a little boost to reach. My young doeling still jumps a little, but our three adults learned not to jump this way and I can't remember the last time they tried to.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I push them down with my hands or raise my knee while yelling OFF! in about 2 weeks it stopped the constant jumping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts