*tears* I just sold my horse.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    :tears: I just sold my horse. I trained that horse----she bucked me off, trampled me, made me chase her around the pastures for hours on end every year, and now when she finally beginning to be the horse I always wanted . . . .I had to sell her. . . omgosh, I am just so sad. . . I'm going to go cry now. :tears:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I am so sorry :sigh: :hug:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH I am so sorry. Why did you have to sell her? :grouphug:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am sorry that you had to sell her, but one day you can get that "perfect" horse back.

I am in the same boat - I may have to give up my paint mare that I love so much because of some life changes (that I would not change for the world) but it is not fair to her to keep her penned for another year without going to training.

Keep your chin up - :hug:

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I know EXACTLY how you feel. And it is one of the worst feelings. Lots and Lots of hugs for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    thanks. :grouphug: . I have to sell her because we are moving. She's going to go to a fourteen year old girl who competes in endurance races, so I think Jinah will be very happy there. Knowing she'll be well taken care of makes me feel better, but . . . . .it still hurts. :sigh:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: Talitha, I am sure you found the best home for her to have! The hurt does heal with time :hug:

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh, i'm so sorry. :hug: It was for the best and I bet someday you will be able to get that perfect horse. Sounds like Jinah found a wonderful new home though. :hug:

9. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I know exactly how you feel--I was in a similar situation when I was about your age...It's like losing a best friend. I still get sad thinking about it...you just have to hope the best for them and move on... :hug:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry ...you had to sell your horse...... :hug: :(

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    So very sorry Talitha, I can't even imagine what you're going through. It's good to know she's going someplace she'll be "well taken care of", but you are right that doesn't stop the hurt. Many :hug: for you.