teat question

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 22, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    One of our doelings we are keeping has 2x1. Would this be counted against at a 4-H level? We're still not sure she'd be a good 4-H doeling but we want to keep her and see how she matures... But wanted to ask. So far out of 4 doelings born we've had 2 that are 1x1, another with 2x2, and then this one with 2x1.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    We need to know... what breed you are talking about ...to give the proper advice... :wink: :greengrin:

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

They are boer goats. I don't know if would be counted against you at a 4-h level but I am not sure. I think they checked our does at our county fair so it might be. I have no problem with 2 teated boer does but I want either 2x2 or 1x1 not any other combination. But that's just me.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Boers of course (it's Hoosiershadow duh!) lol

not sure, I'd talk with your county agent.

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    At the county level depending on the judge they may look at that, but typically they would only use that for placings if they really couldnt decide. When they get to state is when it may become more of an issue.

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    2x1... isn't in the breed standards.. so ...if they check it ...that won't be good.... if you want a champion through and through.... :wink:

:oops:

7. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks everyone! We'll just use her for breeding then, and there is a possability of selling her later on. She's our pure red doeling, but I don't think she's going to have a wide build good enough for 4-H. I think she might have more of her dam's build which is boer/nubian but slimmer like a nubian. We might keep her for breeding and see what she gives us:)

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California