Teddy is officially a wether!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Apr 2, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Due to his aggressiveness during rutt as well as the fact that he grew a bit taller than I wanted and even though his kids are pets ONLY, he has a 3rd teat...not particularly something I wanted to pass along. He and Angel did makes some gorgeous kids together though.
    I decided to band him because I've done it 2x before on adult nigies with no problem.....Teddy's finally fell off today!!! I found them in his bed and it's been 6 weeks since DH held him down and I got the band on him.

As far as the physical changes...he's been shedding out his winter fluff but he still has his "manly" cape AND...the best part is, he no longer pee's on himself so his white parts are WHITE! His fur is so soft too!

2. jay13

jay13 New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Central NC
    Congrats on the accomplishment. It can be hard to wether a guy especially when they are so cute! I had to wether one little buckling we got after we noticed a significant overbite that I just couldn't justify passing on. Good luck :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cool beans -- another resident hay burner at Dolly's Acre that will be loved till he dies of old age :)

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumbup: Or until he makes me mad enough to eat him :ROFL:

Just kidding...he has such a sweet demeanor when given chance, and he knows how to say my name!! I swear that when I'm late feeding he stands and hollers and when I "ignore" him he hollers out "Liiiiiiiiiiiiz"! I'll need to get video of him doing it cause no-one believes me! They think I'm just a goat nut!

Yes, he'll join his mom Bootsie and "step" cousin Heidi as permanent hayburners :love:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Well congrats...I think...LOL :wink: :D