The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting waiting and waiting...... My beautiful mazoe is due tomorrow.She is that big she cant jump up into the bails anymore poor possum. Cant wait till we have kids to fuss over :D Ive put fresh bedding in the kid pen and have sorted and washed teats and Kid bar and cant wait till we have fresh goats milk!! Teejae:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So after very Long labor Mazoe had 2 bucks and 1 doe,sadley the first buck born was dead :( it happens.mazoe was not well after and was refusing to eat but did drink a bucket full of Mollasas water and I gave her some Vit B12 injections.She is eating well now but Im having trouble with the doe kid taking a bottle,she just dosnt suck and looks a bit weak,any sujestions? the buck kid is thriving.
The rest of the does all kidded over the weekend and the tally so far is 11
so 7 bucks(2 dead) and 4 does and still 2 to kid.
Its been very HOT,windy and just now 35 so much for spring!! And we have had the hottest winter on record in Aust.Also its very very dry and we hear big bushfires around the Sydney area :( we really need some rain.
Teejae

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
If you are selenium deficient, I would give a selenium shot to the doeling. B Complex shot never hurts.

Congrats on all your kids and I hope your momma doe comes around for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts