The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Fun topic for goats

Idahonancy, I love your teeter totter! And your beautiful goat (Oberhasli, I beleive) looks just like my two Obie boys (Moose and Apache). Here they are:
Moose
[attachment=1:flyhknxi]IMG_8993_1.JPG[/attachment:flyhknxi]

Apache
[attachment=0:flyhknxi]IMG_8994_1.JPG[/attachment:flyhknxi]

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts

That is a nice teeter-totter, IdahoNancy! Ours can't hold a candle to yours, but Skippy sure enjoys banging around on it:

[youtube:3flumtym]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Q3G6YdqYE[/youtube:3flumtym]

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Skippy looks like he is having a ball. Thats a great video. My tallest goat gets under one end of the teeter totter, hunches up his back, picks it up and moves it around. He walks in circles as the oposite end is stuck in the dirt. It is a fun toy to play on with the goats. They out weigh me but leverage is everything.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Teeter tooter looks great. Our goats like an old water trough. It is turned over. They like to jump or lay on it. Boot is laying in it on our cover pix

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, they do. Some days they just stand there in the middle. Other times they are in the goat tornado attitude and they run at it and jump over it. I move it around the yard to change their view.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That halter maybe from Jeffer's Animal Supply or Hoggers. It is goat specific. I only use rope halters now. Rex has them at Northwest Packgoat Supply, lighter weight with better control and fit.
The hinge on the teeter totter is a short piece of pipe. Pipe tie downs that you use to hold a pipe onto wood are holding it to the 2 x 8. I put end caps on the threaded ends of the pipe. The pipe sits on the 4x4 legs and is block in place by wood. Not to tricky, its not really a hinge, it is a pipe sitting on wood. I just made it so it could not fall off.

·
deschutes dawn
124 Posts
Nancy, by any chance are any of your boys by an Ober buck named Smokejumper? I am breeding my alpine doe to him and the owners said he has some pack goat offspring in Idaho. Just wondering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts