The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The barn owner where I keep my goats would like to utilize them this Spring for weed eating. I would like to section off portions of the field where the horses graze (10 acres...) so my goaties can browse during the day. I have 3 Nigerian Dwarf wethers who are very bonded to me and follow me everywhere.

I am wondering if you all have recommendations for good (Safe!) temporary electric fence setups for Nigerian Dwarves. I don't think they will need much space sectioned off at a time (a couple hundred square feet?) as they will have free range whenever I am with them. I would like it to be predator proof (prefer no Coyote accidents) and safe for my goats. I would like to move this pen a few times throughout the Spring as weeds get mowed down over time.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Hi all,

The barn owner where I keep my goats would like to utilize them this Spring for weed eating. I would like to section off portions of the field where the horses graze (10 acres...) so my goaties can browse during the day. I have 3 Nigerian Dwarf wethers who are very bonded to me and follow me everywhere.

I am wondering if you all have recommendations for good (Safe!) temporary electric fence setups for Nigerian Dwarves. I don't think they will need much space sectioned off at a time (a couple hundred square feet?) as they will have free range whenever I am with them. I would like it to be predator proof (prefer no Coyote accidents) and safe for my goats. I would like to move this pen a few times throughout the Spring as weeds get mowed down over time.

Thanks!
what kind of fencing is out for the horses Already? Our does live in 5 strand high temcel and are fine. The bucks are either in pasture with the high temcel or the galagher smart fence. You can look at electric netting. We use kencove. Galagher also has a smart fence system. Super easy to use. Look into a strong solar box if using the metting and two deep cycle batteries. I say two so one can charge while the other is in use. Nothing is going to be completely predator proof. Netting can be a pita to set up in woods. If the acres are pasture you will also need shade for the goats.... so be looking at mobile houses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts