The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's a bit fuzzy in these pictures, but I would like to get some opinions :)

I think she had mastitis in the past, her udder doesn't feel right. So if that changes her udder keep that in mind please.
And I swear, she has a better medial than the hair lets you see, and she does have a nice brisket, she wasn't happy about her pictures being taken, plus she was squeezing her legs together. Goofy girl :p :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Her neck blends much better into her withers.. Dunno why it looks like that in the pics!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Karen :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That is a solid looking doe! I love the expression of exasperated tolerance on her face. :laugh:

How tall is she? She looks rather tall, but her handler might be short. :p

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a solid looking doe! I love the expression of exasperated tolerance on her face. :laugh:

How tall is she? She looks rather tall, but her handler might be short. :p
She is solid! I prefer the solid style goat over the 'new better style' goat that looks like it would snap in half if it jumped off something wrong :rolleyes:

Her 'handler' is my little brother, who is ten. Not exactly sure how tall she is, but she is under the height limit :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yes she was very impressed with getting her picture taken :laugh:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ah yes! If that is a ten year old then she's perfect height. If that had been a grown person handling her she would be the biggest mini I'd seen so far. ;)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sure they will in your care, Amy :) But honestly, I haven't really done anything special! So I am sure genetics play a part as well.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump again

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Technically, you're not supposed to bump your own thread more than once every three days, I think, :lol: but I know how hard it is not too ( don't tell anyone, but I've done it too! :eek:) just messing with you. ;)

I might try judging her later when I'm on the computer-it's easier. ;)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Okay, here goes: :p

CONS:
steep rump
toes out in back
neck could be just a tad longer, but not bad
could use a little more dairy character
could use a little more arch and width in the escutcheon, -even though she isn't standing quite naturally, I'm accounting for that. ;)

PROS:
nice topline, level anyway, if not uphill
Nicely blended throughout
nice depth, could use a little more in the rear barrel?
nice rear leg angulation
correct bite, looks like
thurls are nice
feminine head
strong stance

Well, I think that's all I can do for now. I can't really see her hips, pins or front end without more pics, so can't judge that.:) I think she's really nice! The only thing I noticed right off was the steep rump. :shrug:
None of her faults are huge or glaring.
And did I mention she's cute? :lol:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Oh, I forgot to say I'm still learning about udders, so I didn't venture there. :p
I think her rear attachments are lacking, but her teat placement looks good. :) That's as far as I'm gonna go right now.:)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think that is fair :) I think her rump is the main fault in her body, but it's hard to find a nigerian around here that doesn't have a steep rump unless they were shipped in. I found a nice buck for stud service near me so I think that he will improve her rump and her udder.
Here's a few more pics. Still learning to set her up as you can see :p

Her legs look funny in this one, not how she always is, don't worry :p

Udder is not anywhere near full in this picture, I promise you ;)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Pros
Good spring of rib
Pins are good
Nice front end assembly

Cons
Hmm, okay I'd say her hips are a little on the narrow side
And in that last pic it looks like her teats wing out a bit, but not too bad

I think that's it. :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You did a good job! ;) :p

·
2,203 Posts
Just wanted to bump in here and add that you need to forgive a bit for her age. For her age she is exceptionally well built, and you can see the longevity bred into this doe. She looks healthy and fit, I'd say productively she's got a few years left. The udder looks great. With age, attachments weaken, and tissues stretch, production decreases, but I bet about 4 years old she had a fabulous udder! Teats are good. Rump looks ok for an older lady. Like I said, you need to forgive her age. Her legs have weakened some, which gives a slouched appearance through the rump area. She's sharp and angular. Exceptionally feminine. You've got a heck of a girl there. Breed her to the best you can find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts