The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ram is about 1 1/2 years old and has come down with what I call testosterone poisoning. You know where they get real light on the front feet and they bow up their necks and lower their heads when someone comes into "their" territory.
Because of the TP, Sultann is confined to the back of the barn with his wether buddy. The handyman came last week to put hurricaine shutters up and I said I would go back with him so Sultann would behave himself. He walked up to Sultann and grabbed him around the neck and started scratching him on the head, saying that we never paid him any attention and all he needed was a little affection!
I shut up cause I have been telling him for months not to pet the ram especially on the head!
Well, he turned around and started for the barn....and you guessed it! Sultann got him right in the sitter! I never laughed so hard in a long time!
The next day he wanted to knoe if it was safe to go behind the barn (Sultann was in his stall).

typed on my little tiny keyboard

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
Hahaha he showed him didn't he? I always laugh when people think that they are above and animal attacking them. I have a dog that bites strangers, not enough to draw blood but she is 60lbs so she'll grab your pants and try to take them off or if your wearing shorts she goes under them for butt cheeks. I have seen three people get bit when they went in her pen without my permission. Beep also attacks people and I have seen her send a few people running for the gate or bruised. Several of them grab her horns. Big no no.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My ram is about 1 1/2 years old and has come down with what I call testosterone poisoning. You know where they get real light on the front feet and they bow up their necks and lower their heads when someone comes into "their" territory.
Because of the TP, Sultann is confined to the back of the barn with his wether buddy. The handyman came last week to put hurricaine shutters up and I said I would go back with him so Sultann would behave himself. He walked up to Sultann and grabbed him around the neck and started scratching him on the head, saying that we never paid him any attention and all he needed was a little affection!
I shut up cause I have been telling him for months not to pet the ram especially on the head!
Well, he turned around and started for the barn....and you guessed it! Sultann got him right in the sitter! I never laughed so hard in a long time!
The next day he wanted to knoe if it was safe to go behind the barn (Sultann was in his stall).

typed on my little tiny keyboard
Yes I learned my lesson the hard way with our first ram. I wanted to treat him just like the ND bucks that we raise. We got him young so I petted him and fed him and scratched him under the chin and on the side of his face like I did my bucks. Needless to say by the time he reached 2 years old he had found a new home and I never made that mistake again.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Hahaha he showed him didn't he? I always laugh when people think that they are above and animal attacking them. I have a dog that bites strangers, not enough to draw blood but she is 60lbs so she'll grab your pants and try to take them off or if your wearing shorts she goes under them for butt cheeks. I have seen three people get bit when they went in her pen without my permission. Beep also attacks people and I have seen her send a few people running for the gate or bruised. Several of them grab her horns. Big no no.
Haha, sounds like my dogs. I have cattle dogs and they are trained to guard the house and watch the livestock. Well anyone that knows me will call before coming up, because a pack of heelers is a recipe for pain! If you have ever owned one, you expect to get bit a lot while they are growing up and going through training, just how they are, they nip.

One of my females will be out to kill you if you blow in her face, it's the funniest thing! She will come at you so fast, if you do blow in her face have your arms in front of you because she will bite your face off! She came at my husband so fast and with so much force when he blew in her face one time, she flipped him and the recliner over backwards! Had to laugh about that one.
:laugh:

I have a red female that bites you in the belly fat, and the butt cheeks
A blue female that goes for the ankles and can and WILL actually rip your pants OFF
A blue male that goes for the ankles
A blue female that goes for the face
And a blue female that will jump on your back and maul you, or go for a mans vital area :rolleyes:

They do this by instict, they are very ferrel by nature, but are further trained not to let go. My dogs will NEVER harm a child though, they put up with anything from them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts