The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I gave my goat 10 ml of c & d tetenus toxoid two days in a row thinking it was the anti-toxin. She had bloat and I was treating for that. Is this a terrible overdose? will this kill her? Should I look for any symptoms in particular? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses! She is lethargic but still eating hay and pooping. She is stiff in the hind quarters and has a big fluid pouch behind her front leg where the second injection was administered. Is there anything I should do now or just watch her?

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
I had a doe with bloat a couple of days ago...I'd never seen it before and was scared stiff when I found her. I drenched her with some baking soda, and also some olive oil. 1 shot of banamine. Massaged her for quite a while, which she must have liked...she would push her side into my hands as I massaged. Did some "pat, pat, patting" of her side, sounded like a drum. Finally her rumen rumbled and she belched. Ok, that's what I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is scary when they get it.. and I don't understand the concept that they are supposed to be "land clearers" which mine are not, but yet they seem to get sick more than any of my other animals!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts