The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been treating my 4 y.o. goat for a mild case of tetenus (beginning stages). I noticed she had stopped eating and drinking and dropped quite a bit of weight and then realized she couldn't keep food in her mouth. That was the only symptoms she displayed other than a stiff tail and being lethargic. I treated her for three days with penicillin, high level be complex and tetenus antitoxin. I also drenched her with electrolytes mixed with kid milk replacer and added a little nutridrench and probiotics. She did get a little bloated so I also gave here a little baking soda with water after her feedings with a few baby aspirins crushed in. She stared nibbling green grass after her second round of injections and her third round was yesterday and she ate a couple of bites of banana a strawberry and some more green grass but not a lot. This morning she nibbled on a little goat chow but still is not interested in hay. My question is if I should give her any more of the injections seeing that she is seemingly out of the woods? And should I continue drenching a reduced amount of electrolytes and milk replacer? I plan on vaccinating her as soon as she is back to normal and enough time has passed since the antitoxin administration. Thank you for any input!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts