The Goat Spot Forum banner

Do you appreciate TGS? Are they helpful?

• Absolutely! They are extremely helpful!

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • Yes! Totally!

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Somewhat. It's nice to have a website that has lots of useful info..

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I can get a long fine without them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to start a thread and I hope it will go on for a long time! In this thread, people can post how TGS has helped them, with raising goats, or just enjoying conversations on here! So, start out with "TGS has helped me (etc.)". I hope that the TGS staff will see how much we appreciate them! :love:

I'll go first "TGS has helped me a lot whenever my goats had a sickness that I didn't know how to cure. I could just go onto TGS and post a topic, and soon I would get answers that have saved my goats' lives! Thank you TGS!". :hug:

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,075 Posts
Oh yes. And I'm sure they've saved a couple of my kids, just from the knowledge I've gotten on here.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
TGS has helped me realize that not everyone is getting more city and corporate, there are still people who have fun cut up and do things everyone used to do!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I can't say enough about this place ! Ive learned everything on here !
Everyone is friendly and willing to help you , teach you , and be there for you :) And , Ive met so many wonderful people and made some great friends , who i wouldn't know where i would be without them !
I can go on…..but i won't , lol.

I tried voting twice , but it says i can't :( I would check absolutely a dozen times over if i could :):):)

And TGS has such a great choice of emotions !

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
TGS has helped me stay (relatively) sane. All the amazing people I've met here are really encouraging and I've grown to consider y'all family. :)
I agree Emma , i know the feeling . But i have also come to realize and accept that *sane* is over rated :slapfloor::hammer::laugh::crazy::tear::ROFL:

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
TGS has helped me in so many ways. Not only saving my goats, learning about feed, housing, meds, conformation, and so many other ways, but on a personal level as well. My family here has been there for me when I am having rough days, celebrated with me on good days, and given me confidence and helped me find my self worth. We've laughed together, cried together, and I, or my herd, wouldn't be the same without my TGS family :)

·
Yes Dear Goat Farm
1,272 Posts
Pretty much everything I have learned about goats, I learned here. Without TGS I would not have the wonderful, happy, healthy goats that I have now!!

·
Registered
30,207 Posts
I am always amazed that no matter how much I learn..there is still more to learn...TGS family has taught me so much...and the encouragment and support is priceless!! This is by far the best Forum!! :hug:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
TGS has taught me a lot. from judging goat conformation to treating sick goats. Everyone is like family, I don't know where my goats and I would be without it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Everything I know about goats has pretty much come from the wonderful people on here. I would be lost without you TGS. I constantly reference this site, even just to double check myself.

·
Super Moderator
82,617 Posts
Same here Cathy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by happybleats
I am always amazed that no matter how much I learn..there is still more to learn...TGS family has taught me so much...and the encouragment and support is priceless!! This is by far the best Forum!! :hug:

Ditto, Ditto. :)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,075 Posts
TGS has helped me in so many ways. Not only saving my goats, learning about feed, housing, meds, conformation, and so many other ways, but on a personal level as well. My family here has been there for me when I am having rough days, celebrated with me on good days, and given me confidence and helped me find my self worth. We've laughed together, cried together, and I, or my herd, wouldn't be the same without my TGS family :)
Same here, 100%! They offer so much encouragement and confidence. I've been having a really rough time of it the past few years, and TGS has pulled me through it on many levels.

·
Registered
625 Posts
TGS and the fine folks on here are priceless! This is the only forum that I belong to and its my "go to" for any questions that I have. We have been raising goats for 8 years and I learn new things here all the time. Plus it doesn't matter if it's meat goat, show, dairy, fiber, or pets. Everyone on here wants what is best for their animals and they give advice accordingly. I know a few farmers that have a "live or die" attitude and you just don't find that here. I raise goats commercially for meat but they are important to me and not just financially. I have several that if you took the dollar value they were worth and tripled it...they still wouldn't be for sale.

Thank you TGS and a big thanks to all that have helped me!!!!:smile::applaud:

·
Registered
718 Posts
TGS is a life saver! Literally! I did a TON of research before getting goats - but some things just needs hands-on experience... and usually those same things thus require some guidance from actual people! My first kidding was not uneventful - but TGS members were right there with me in the barn! Since then, this site has been my go-to place whenever I have a question about my goats. Plus, my friends all think I'm nuts... so it's nice to know I can come here and share my goaty escapades with folks who "get it". :)

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I don't know how I ever raised goats without this forum! The advice and support you receive is just overwhelming, in an amazing way. I'm SO thankful to have found this place :)

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
I LOVE this forum, I've learned so much from TGS and there are so many wonderful people.
You guys are like a second family to me, I don't know where I'd be without y'all.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
TGS has helped my goats stay healthy. Whenever I have a question I go on here and ask it, and my goats are better or the problem is solved in minutes. I've learned so much more than what's in the books, I've gotten "street smart" and learned how to "judge" goats and everything.. I've learned so much!! THANKS TGS!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts