TGS Scam?

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by AlaskaBoers, Mar 8, 2011.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Got this today...

2. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    AARRRRGGGGGHHHHH :GAAH: - I cannot stand those EXTREMELY irritating and poorly written JUNK emails! I have a huge pet peeve about poor english in situations like this! So annoying... I will be on the lookout for anything similar, but as of a few mins ago I have not recv'd an email like this, especially thru TGS. Very odd.... DEFINITELY STEER CLEAR! :wink:

3. bahahahahaha!! These things crack me up! Seriously??? Any person with the slightest intelligence knows this is BOGUS!!!
    But I agree it is annoying to get them.

4. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Wow...yeah. Their English is horrid and sounds precisely like the English speaking/writing patterns of an African scam artist. Also, his name is Muhammed Zohaib. I still get tons of those African scam emails, they all go to my spam and everyone seems to be named Muhammed.

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    LOL
    my favorite part is lack of punctuation.

Muhammed is actually the most popular name in the world.

It just worried me that I got it through TGS, I've never posted my email.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Im sorry about that -- he was only a member for a short few minutes but he wasted no time in posting (all of which were deleted and his account -2 of them actually - were deleted as well).

one of his posts he mentions being in Pakistan

its an email through the board - it doesnt show the individual emailing you your actual address. Once you respond though they have it but until then you remain anonymous

7. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    I agree about being worried that it came thru TGS... I kinda feel like this is my "home" ... like "Hey mister, you just broke into my personal space here buddy!!"

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ok, thanks Stacey :)
    wonder why I didn't get it until today?

9. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Wow, they are really getting desperate to go through such lengths to sign up for a forum board & then post stuff.... crazy!! :hair:

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    There is an email option in all our accounts -- I will email you to show you.

because he was a member today and I deleted him today ;) all without your notice because well I have this feature the allows me to view posts before they are actually posted if the individual is a new member. Cool huh?

11. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    hee hee... that's right Stacey - You get 'em girl!! :thumb: We don't take that stuff 'round here!

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I found the email link.

Oh I thought he was booted awhile ago. Today..is pretty recent lol.

13. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    He friended me on FB. Then tries to send me all this info on what he sells. :sigh:

This happens on Horseville every know and then. A lot of cell phone and shoe salesmen for some reason. :shrug:

Gina

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow..the nerve of some people.... :doh: :help:

15. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    OMGosh - I just realized that yes...he also tried to "Friend" me on Facebook a few weeks ago, but I didn't accept (I investigate all of my FB notices to make sure they are true goat oriented people & not scammers, although it takes a lot of time..ugh!)
    What a jerk! That is SO rude! And I don't believe any cr#p about he's doing what it takes to make some money....blah blah blah... I'm having to do what it takes to make some money for my family too, but I'm certainly not going around spamming people to do it!!! I'm looking for work, using coupons for food, THAT is doing what it takes... Not spamming people!
    ARGGG! :GAAH:

16. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    ugh I hate spammers...what is their point? Everytime I list something on Craigslist I get about 8 spammers to every one real inquiry. Drives me nuts because its just so time consuming weeding through the junk mail. :(

Good job Stacey for catching it so quickly!