Thank's and part of my goat story!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gumtree, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    :) Hi thanks for all your welcome's
    I love the friendlessness of these forums!
    I come from S.E. Qld
    and have only had My Angora's since 30- 09
    so they are a very new venture :wink: they are all registered and cae free!!!.....
    I started out VERY unknowingly bought some very gorgeous baby dairy goats from a dairy,
    I learn't the hard way,!!! at the age of 13,,, I started with 10 baby does, 7 day old 3 10 weekers only 1 of the 7 survived, :?
    and two of the older ones, :cry:
    those 3 does lived, then I got a buck (from the same place) and breed them, they all kidded, 1 kid died at birth, then my buck,and a mother killed one of her kids a buck,, :shrug:
    the other two kids survived till 3 months then a dog Mind you one of our own Maremma guardian dogs killed the doe
    and we lost one adult doe and her buck to Barbers Pole Worm!!! my parents have had sheep for 15+ years and had never have had these worms before,...And that's not all the story either ,,,,,
    So I sold my dairy does, and bought the angora's :)

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow how traumatic -- hopefully your new adventure in the angoras is much less painful.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh...I'm so sorry to hear that, but at least your angoras are doing well. Did you ever find out what killed the doelings? That must have been upsetting to lose all, but 1. Glad to hear you're off to a great start with the angoras! :thumb:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    My goodness. With all that I am so glad you did not give up on goats totally.

I think we all can tell you that goats are a learning thing. We all learn daily from them no matter how long you have been into them, but it is FUN learning.

Well, now we need to see some of these goats of yours. PLEASE.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow, how tragic for you :hug:

Hopefully the angora's fair better, and we all have to start somewhere, being responsible for the care of any animal is a learning experience :hug:

6. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    Hi! I'm new here as well. :wave:

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dairy goats. Hopefully, your angoras will work out better for you.

7. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    Thank-you
    no we don't really know what killed those doe's apart from one got tetanus but what happened was, --Stopped drinking milk, swollen knees, then something like a labored breathing,then unable to walk or stand and finally death...
    But No I have no intention to give up....I love goats to much! I guessing that it was C.A.E but I am not sure!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your are so welcome....Gumtree... :thumbup: .....I love...that you picked the word "Gumtree"...so cool..... :greengrin:

You are far away from keren ...one of our moderators....that is from Australia...

Oh wow.... :( .... you had a rough go at it...... with loss.. it's not easy.. losing one... let alone ...the many loses you endured......I am sorry .. :( ....you had to go through that.......my heart goes out to you... :hug:

9. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    yeah it was HARD
    but I've got over it now :)
    and made a fresh start!
    I will post photo's of my goats shortly
    I tried to take some tonight but my camera batteries were low so the photos blurred

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I can't wait to see the pictures....we'd love ...to see them.... :wink: :greengrin: