Thanks Stacy!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by rebelshope, Apr 21, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Hey all your advice about my stubborn goat who was not giving me milk was right on! :thumb:

She was not drying out at all, but just not letting it down. I massaged and massaged she finally started let me get the milk.

She has been milking just fine for the last few days. :hug: Thanks!!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awesome. Glad the suggestion worked :thumb:

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Totally worked! I think I got about a quart from her today! I got a 1/2 gallon from the girls combined! I need more milk recipes :greengrin:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    and it will get easier as she feels more and more comfortable with you. Talk soothingly to her - that also helps as you milk.

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am sure that is true. I am totally amazed at how easy it is to milk Chey. I have had her for a few years and I thought she would be so difficult to milk but I just call her out of the pen and she run up to me and then runs up to the milk stand and is as good as gold. I need to gain Dixie's trust, oh and make sure I have steady supply of animal crackers :wink:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm so glad the info Stacey passed along helped you!

Also, another thing that works well for me is to not only massage the udder.....but to rest your head on her side and talksoftly to her...my Bootsie is a wonderful milker and has been known to with hold...especially when she is in heat! This workds great on her and she will contentedly stand and chew her cud til I'm done....I don't thnk she likes to "share" me with Binky and Angel as she tends to make me work for it.

I know what you mean about Cheyenne...my beloved Dolly was the best little milker...tough at first but with each freshening she really out did herself, I really miss my pygmy doll :love: