Thanksgiving scare!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Stary Eyed Goat Girl, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Stary Eyed Goat Girl

Stary Eyed Goat Girl New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bend Oregon
    This scared me sooooo bad!

so I'm going over with my family to see my sister for Thanksgiving, also since I"m there I was picking up a Nigerian doeling for my self and a doeling for another breeder.
    The morning was cold, wet and nasty. so since I didn't want the doelings to stress any more then they had to I kept the back of my bronco closed up so they would stay warmer.
    By late afternoon the sun came out and it was T-shirt weather, so I opened the back of my bronco so the doelings could have some freash air for a bit. I checked their crate to make sure the gate was in place and all looked good.
    So I run back in side to have dinner with the family, an hour later I come back out to check on the doe's and get them ready for the long drive back..... only the crate was open and there were no goats around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I nearly started crying on the spot, cuz I knew that some one would have had to OPENED their crate to get them out!
    I felt terrable, one of the doelings was paied for in full by some one else and now that doeling was lost! We looked and looked but no doelings!
    Finaly I took off running down the road hopeing to see or hear something of these lost goats, then as if a gift from god there was a sine on a tree that read " Found, two small goats" I just about passed out from my joy!
    Turns out I was right, a neibor boy thought it would be "fun" to play with the goats and let them out. Of coarse both does are WILD! so I have no idea how they caught them, so once they caught the doe's they took them to this old ladys place since she also had goats.
    she was good enough to put both doelings in a calf shed with water and post the sines. Both doelings were fine and I got them home. I did do checking on the lady's goats and was much releived to learn she had a clean herd, though nither of these doelings were near her own goats. But hey better safe then sorry right?
    But boy oh boy I think I aged three or 4 years right then and there! I don't ever want to feel like that again!
    it was crazy but thank goodness I got them back!
    I don't think I'll ever trust leaving my goats in my truck (even one pulled way into a priviat driveway!) ever again.

Just thought I would share.

2. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    I'm so glad you got your doelings back! What a relief that must have been. Good luck with your new little one! :D

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow what nerve of the kids.

I am so glad you got them back that certainly was a blessing from God

4. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yeah I can't imagine a kid that would do something like that! That is really bad. Errrr :(.

So glad you got them though! That would have scared the bajeebers out of me, too.

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That is such a scarey feeling- to find animals missing from where they are supposed to be. It's like the world changes from great to awful in one split second.
    That was so good that you found them so fast.

6. Stary Eyed Goat Girl

Stary Eyed Goat Girl New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bend Oregon
    It took two hours of looking before I found them.... I'm just so greatful that they were both ok.

I know the boy who did it too, he's the son of my ex 4-H leader, she wasn't a very good leader and her son was very bad! I reported them to the 4-H office several times but nothing was ever done about it! Makes me so mad, but he was the one who did it. He's done stuff like that before, even letting animals out of their pens at the fairs!
    Makes me so glad I no longer live near that family.

But my little doeling is doing good, she is shy still but no longer wild.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh that woud scare me sooooo bad!!! I am so glad you were able to find them!

8. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    That is just horrible! :evil: I don't know what I would do in that kind of situation! I'd definitely be prayin' to God!!! Glad you got them back! :D

9. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Yeah me too Jacque. Except for the fact that I would crying so hard I couldn't see straight.
    At the county fair this year, somehow my little sister (she is 4) got away from my mom. We are still not sure how she managed to, but she did. All of a sudden we looked around and we were all like "where's Grace?" It got really crazy, everyone was running around yelling, they had all the gates closed so no one could leave with her. I was so scared, I don't think I have ever been so scared in my life. I also don't think I have every run that fast either! When they finally found her she had gone off with some little girls to get a drink somewhere.. don't ask me why she thought that was OK :(.
    I grabbed her and I was just sobbing! I hope that NEVER happens again. Stuff like that is just so scary.

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I would have been sad and then after they were back in my possesion, I would have been extremely mad! I am so glad that the Lord pointed you in their direction and that you got them back! That must have been so scary!!!

11. heidi19

heidi19 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    What a Merry Christmas you will have now, getting your does back, what a Blessing, so glad they are all ok. (heidi19) Jan

12. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    That's happened to me too, when Thomas and Indy were 3 months old I came to feed them at about 8 oclock at night. And they were gone, because I used to call to them and they'd call back. Well they didn't call back and all the gates were closed and everything. They only lived about three blocks from my house at that time and Thomas had walked to my house before, with me of course. So I was running up and down the road screaming for them. And I checked this place two houses down that had Boers and they weren't there so I run the other way and I was hypervenilating at this point. So it was getting hard to scream, and then all of a sudden I heard Indy wailing, and I ran towards her voice and she was half a block away in someone's yard. I was mad too because they had a Pygmy buck. Luckily she never got bred. I still don't know how they got loose.

Anyways, the point is. I'm totally with you. I know exactly how scared you can get when your babies just dissapear.