The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two goats here waiting to be picked up by the new owners, both paid for & ready to go two weeks ago.
One hasnt finished a pen & the other, well the person hasnt returned calls or emails.
Thinking about a way to handle this I finally came up with it.

"After the 1st of July there will be a $__ daily boarding fee."

Got an instant response from one. She said she's been super busy. Um, not a good excuse young lady, it only takes a few seconds to call or email.

·
730 Posts
I swear people just kill me with some of the stunts that they pull!...lol... Good for you on the boarding fee! Do they not realize that "THEIR GOATS" are costing YOU > TIME, and MONEY by leaving them there for you to tend to?? I wonder if they will actually take into consideration the extra work load that has been put on your shoulders by them leaving them there and "DO THE RIGHT THING" by offering you a little extra $$ to cover it?? >> I DOUBT IT!!..:D

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Seriously , some people !
Good for you , I hope they come and collect their goats soon.
Your darn right for charging a boarding fee !
How incredibly rude not to even answer you with a phone call or email !

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of them is high school age. I kind of wish I had gotten parents # but then again she is the one who has to face the consequences.
We never really did talk about an exact pick up date; only that she needed to stay on dam till mid June.
Now the other person there was an exact date. She had talked about moving so Im second guessing this part; a buck pen needed to be built.
Lots of rain here last week & she did call to say she couldnt get him till pen was done.
Durn buckling is looking better every day too.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I've had a few people pay in full and just leave them at my house, never came and got them, nothing. That happened with 2 puppies, several calves, a goat, and a horse.
But it worked out for me, I got double the money. :)

·
730 Posts
I've had a few people pay in full and just leave them at my house, never came and got them, nothing. That happened with 2 puppies, several calves, a goat, and a horse.
But it worked out for me, I got double the money. :)
Hey...Give those people my contact info PLEASE!! Ive got A TON of stuff for sale that I wanna keep!!..lololol...:ROFL:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
^^
It was pretty weird though! Selling something but keeping it at the same time! Crazy people, I mean when I buy something, I get it THE SAME DAY I hand them the money. I don't fork over hundreds, even a thousand + and never come and get it, if I did that I'd be broke. But they never returned phone calls, never tried to get a hold of me, nothing.
Only logical explanations I came up with are
1. They died
2. They got arrested
3. They were in high stakes gambling, lost everything and had no way of contacting me
4. Extreme memory loss
5. Billionaires with money to toss around
6. Some other unfortunate event
7. They moved
8. Found something else
9. They didn't like me?
10. ________ happened

What other logical explanations could their be!?!

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The doeling is still here & Im about to compose an email with something to the effect that if she isnt picked up by the end of the month she will forfeit all money.
Now Im pretty patient but this is crazy. Said goat was a bargain to begin with as I do like to give FFA a price break.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yes, I would say you have been more than fair. I am worried that she won't take care of her when/ if she does come get her. Maybe she will forget to feed/ water her. Good luck on this.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
After 2 weeks if it's an animal that is not nursing or lactating, or further arrangements were not made, they will be charged $3 per day boarding fee. 30 days from receiving the deposit, if no other arrangements were made, and no contact can be made, the sale is void.
That's how I work ;)

·
Super Moderator
58,187 Posts
I don't think I would even give her till the end of the month. Probably one more week or something. That is just ridiculous.

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well Ive got to tell her something since there was no talk of no refunds.
This way there will be a deadline & my rear is covered.
I dont want her money but i will keep it as an object lesson.
She needs to learn you dont put people on hold & Im really disappointed for her sake.

·
14,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just informed her via email that the sale is void if animal is not picked up by July 24th. And to tell her parents.
Im too livid to speak on the phone right now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts