The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 month old doeling has a knot behind her shoulder over her ribs that is almost football shaped and keratotic (feels vary hard and dry...almost like keratin) and it's DOMED...pretty thick in the middle, like half a shooter marble thick and oblong and DRY/HARD it is under/in her skin as her skin floats freely above the ribs beneath it. It popped up recently...there's a pencil eraser size one next to it. There are yellow tiny round seed sized globs in her fur over the spot and it almost feels like you could pick at it...until you notice that it's in, not on her skin. I can't get a picture...it just looks like fur and her skin is the normal color of pink where its so hard.

It's been wet, so I thought about fungus and treated for that. I also dabbed some tea tree oil salve over it for now. We looked at some of the seedlike things in her fur under jewler's glasses and it just looks like dried up ooze, not eggs or anything.

I might have given her an injection near here over 2 mos ago....CD/T...but the spot is soooo HARD. It was Colorado Serum. I keep ruling things out...not CL (thank goodness), not mites (too thick, hard and local), not likely ringworm as it is so thick and dry and not crusty enough...but I'm stumped?!?!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She now has a pencil eraser sized nodule next to her lip and this (see pic) on her chest. The rest of her skin is fine. I'm starting to think maybe she is hyper-sensitive to skin irritations and responds by sealing the area in hard keratin-like lesions....or it could be something like soremouth/warts/fungus..??? But it's not in the right places for soremouth...her sensitive parts are fine...more like places where irritating things like stickers lodge... The area in the photo is surrounded by some leftover crusts but is pink, soft skin in the middle...

Attachments

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
Might try putting her under a black light. If it's fungus it will glow usually. Could it be wasp or hornet stings? Is there a hole in the lump like a grub?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I learn something new every day...thanks Goathiker...the spots glowed bright under the black light. Today the big one fell off and it was seriously like a MUSHROOM growing under her hair...it left a 1 inch by 2 inch sized oval of pink skin and a hairless patch on her shoulder (poor girl)...but she didn't seem to be in any pain and we keep putting topical stuff on it to help it heal.

·
I'm watching you
22,272 Posts
Great, at least now you know.
By the way, I haven't forgotten about that saddle and stuff...Just had a few set backs this year. Soon as I find a box that it will fit, I'll get it going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts