The babies are on their way... (Morning Glory Kidded)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Laurel_Haven, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I have two does in the kidding barn tonight... Hopi (day 145) and Strawberry (day 144) so my uninterrupted full nights of sleep are over for awhile. As I am now on baby watch! I have the baby monitors on and will be doing periodic checks during the night until they kid. I noticed Hopi was very vocal and affectionate today, her ligaments are going but not gone. And I put Strawberry in there because her udder just blossomed today, almost doubled in size. I am having a hard time finding her ligaments, but they are slighty there after much searching.

So I should have some babies very soon! Most likely within the next 48 hours I am guessing unless things should progress faster than I am expecting. Has been known to happen before. As last year I thought for sure that I had at least another day or two with my one doe, went down 3 hours later and she was streaming. Two hours after that we had babies on the ground. So just to be safe, they are settled into the kidding barn for the night.

I will keep everyone updated as we get closer. I am so excited for the first babies of the season!!! :leap:

Wish us luck... although I have done this so many times I am still a "Nervous Nelly"... :worried:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: The babies are on their way...

Can't wait to see the little ones!!! Good luck!!!

3. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

Thank you! I will be sure to post pictures as babies arrive. :dance:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Tina! I hope they don't make you wait too long.....I need a baby fix, mine aren't due til March!

Prayers for a healthy , happy and fast delivery of :girl: :girl: :girl: :boy: VERY SOON!

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

Sounds like we have does due around the same time. :baby: :baby: hoping for healthy kids and safe kiddings for ya.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

haha mine arent even bred yet Liz!

You all who are kidding in this cold weather -- I do not envy you at all brrrrr

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Just remember Stacey...Trob and Tina are far enough South that they can do "cold" weather kiddings! We're stuck with the way too cold Northern weather this time of year!

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Goodluck!

We'll be having March kids here.

We tried to plan it right for Jan-Feb. kids but with the girls getting coccidia and then the boys being a bit slow...things just didn't work out. Maybe next year!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

happy go lucky.... kidding....... :) :dance:

10. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

Thanks everyone! I am keeping my fingers crossed all goes well. I will try to post pictures tomorrow of the maternity moms.

Kelebek - Thank you I will be sure to post pictures as babies arrive.

Liz - Thank you and my I would love to have some :girl: :girl: :girl: last time it was a buck season. I am due for some doe kids!

Stacey - The weather is usually in the high 60's this time of the year down here in SC. Last 2 years at X-mas we were wearing short sleeve shirts it was that warm. Now this year it has been unusally cooler and has been in the 50's and rainy.

Trob - yep I saw your post, I am wishing you nothing but text book kiddings & healthy babies too!

fcnubian & Toth - Thank you so much! I appreciate the lucky thoughts. I am nervous as always about the upcoming kiddings... I just want everything to go perfect with healthy babies and mommas! :dance:

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

How exciting! Can't wait to see those fuzzy little ones! Keep us posted and get lots of pics when they're born!! :D

12. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Ooooh how exciting! I can hardly wait to see!

I have Hope due for mid February, I am soo excited. Maybe I can put up some pooch pics soon, she hasn't had any heats since the breeding and has gained some weight, so here's hoping for at least one doeling!

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Good luck!!! Hope you get lots of healthy babies soon! You sure are going to be a busy bee! Try to stay warm, its freezing out there this AM.

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

Any babies yet? I have to wait for February to get here before mine start their kidding season :cry: . I'm hoping for lots of color-but being my luck i'll probably just have to settle for some nice looking creme colored kids ;-).

15. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

Good luck! One of my best friends is on your buckling waiting list...so I'm keeping a close eye LOL!

16. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

How exciting. I hope you have very happy healthy uneventful deliveries with beautiful babies. (of course they will be beautiful, aren't all the babies beautiful)? :wahoo: :slapfloor:
    We start kidding the first of January. Talk about COLD, but we seem to have healthier babies when they are born in the cold, they have to be strong right off the bat.
    HUUUUMMMM, I wonder if that is why we have never had a sick goat? Maybe that is a good reason to live in this freezing cold. (maybe I can convince myself :greengrin: )

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Can't wait to see what your does have! :clap: :leap: :cool: :stars: :wahoo:

18. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Oh!!! I can't wait!!!! Keep us updated!! Hopi and Strawberry are so pretty!! I noticed that Warpaint is due this month as well!!! CAN'T WAIT to see what babies she has :girl: :girl:!!!

I probably shouldn't even look when you post pics of the kids..... WAY too tempting..... WAY WAY too tempting!

19. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina

Nothing Yet... but they are slowly progressing. I am going to be putting Warpaint in the kidding barn tonight with Hopi & Strawberry. Warpaint has been worrying me as she seems to be the most along and just hit day 140. I was hoping she would hold out until the safety mark and she did! This doe is miserable and moans and groans with every moment she makes. She may just beat out Hopi if she continues as she is. She has been losing mucus all day, and it is sort of amber colored. So we will be keeping a closeful watch on her.

Thanks again everyone... I so appreciate your support. With 5 does, (that's right I said 5 does) all to kid within the next week I am going to need it! It is going to be a long week that's for sure. :coffee2:

20. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

5?!? :shocked:

I feel bad for you lol.