The boy has grown!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Well, I just got some new photos of my alpine buckling finally. Hopefully everything will be okay. It makes me nervous to buy an animal from so far away. But I'm willing to take the chance I guess. Here is the boy!

[​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow, very nice! I agree I'm thinking of all the things that could go wrong. :worried: I hope shipping will be fine :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    beautiful.

how are you shipping him?

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    He is going to fly. *see siggy* It will be after the 10th though. Hopefully the 17th. Yay for "Al!"

5. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Oh so exciting the expected arrival date. Safe travels for Al. :)

6. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    He is so pretty, good luck with the shipping. Cant waite to see pics when you get him home.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Am glad you finally found the right buck! :leap: He looks fabulous! I just :love: those spots. Will he be flying cargo into Sky Harbor or some other airport?

Deb Mc

9. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Oh lemme know where hell land, Im in AZ too. Muahaha

No really he is gorgeous!!

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Hopefully Sky Harbor Deb. It's so much closer than Tucson!

11. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Wishing Al a safe, smooth and otherwise non-eventful flight. Let us know when you have him in hand and how it all goes.

Deb Mc

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW he is beautiful. How exciting for you to get one from a breeder that is no where near you, that just means you have a totally different line coming in. :leap:

I would love to get a animals from the east, they have beautiful goats, but it is the travel that kills the deal. :veryangry:

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    YAY! He's going to come this Friday! Please send prayers for safe travel.

14. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Oh congratulations! He's a beaut! I know what you mean about the travel - my new boy is coming in from AZ at the end of this month and I can't wait!

15. Congrats congrats! As for the flight I have a friend that does it a lot, you should be fine. At times it can be less stressful then a long drive.

16. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a handsome boy! Happy thoughts sent your way for a safe landing to you!

17. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Ugg! I just found out she has not recieved the check yet. I hope this does not screw things up for me. :C

18. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    She went ahead and shipped him anyway! Luckily, she got the check today. So everything is cool. Al is home safe, we will keep an eye on him to see how he does in the next couple of days. He was in his crate for 24 hours, poor baby. He came leaping out as soon as we opened his crate. You could tell he was starting to get depressed in his crate. He was laying down inside, humming very sadly. At first he didn't move or say anything, I freaked out at first. But he bounced all around the yard tonight. So I think he will be okay. Needs a bath though. I'll get pictures after he is clean. He's so much prettier in person!

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WONDERFUL!! :leap:

So happy to hear that he arrived safely and is doing well!!

20. OH WONDERFUL...can't wait to see how things go for you. You know the growing, who he likes, the stories...I can't wait...