the buck I used was AGS, Mine ADGA...

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by milk and honey, Feb 5, 2011.

1. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Being new to this goat thing... i found a new friend who helped me with my first few months with goats, and I used her buck to breed my ND doe... but a couple of weeks after I asked WHO he was registered with and she said AGS.... Will I have a problem registering kids? My girl is ADGA...

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you need a copy of the bucks AGS papers (photo copy is fine) and a service memo

then fill out the paperwork as normal for ADGA

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yep, what Stacey said. I do it all the time. Make sure you get service memos to go along with the copy though! ;)

4. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Thanks girls, that sounds pretty painless...

5. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    I am thinking about getting some triple registered does later in life (in about 2 years if the lady is still around) my buck is only registered to one though,does that mean the off springs could all be triple registered???

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    depends which registry. If he is registered with AGS or ADGA then yes you can get him registered with teh other two. IF he is only registered with NDGA then no he cant be AGS or ADGA registered

7. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    OKay, I think he's with the NDGA, no big deal, was just curious :) I shouldn't have a problem selling his babies, papered goats kids go for like $15 or so. Of course this triple registered lady wants a lot for just KIDS, but she has nice stock (for my location) and pretty close. It could be worth it.