"The Doe Hunt"

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Riot_My_Love, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Hey everyone.

It's that time of year, where we're all looking for new blood, muscle, bone, and faces to our herd... Right?

We finally have the time and space to become a breeding facility, but where the heck are all the affordable does?! :GAAH: I found one, ver very cute, decent pedigree, nice conformation, 100% registered, and overall cute doe. She was $150, and about 2 hours away... I emailed the owner with my hopes high.. Well the doe sold yesterday :hair:. I had great expectations for her too! :sigh: She would of been great with Riot... Oh wel.=l.

Who else is having this issue? I've checked every website to my state (Va) and all the bordering states. Nothing -_-".

I've emailed like 4 breeders this morning, hopefully I'll get something back tonight and may have a doe or two coming home this month :).

http://www.dixielandacres.com/4443.html

^ Ruthie was the doe I was interested in. -_-".

Sorry had to vent :).

2. Fairytaleranch

Fairytaleranch New Member

Mar 26, 2010
    I'm having that same problem too! I've been keeping an eye out for nubians and nigerians (especially looking for a herdsire for our nubian does) but it is SO hard to find, everyone is selling as bottle babies but I don't have time for that. Seems like Nubians are VERY scant around here and its driving me nuts!

3. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Awe, I'm sorry. Newborns seem to be the norm on the market, currently :angry:. Oh well :).

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I am. Thinking I might have to resort to dairy farm doelings that the dairy gets rid of when they are born this year. :(

5. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Aww, that bad? Suckish :[

6. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I dont know how far you are from Ohio, but my neighbor raises boers. I think hers is to die for. I think they are so pretty, but dont know what your price range is either. But here is her website, I think she still has some does for sale. www.mandsgoatfarm.com

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Ton of Boers and Nubians here, not many alpines...

9. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    Shame you aren't in TX, I know someone with some lovely LaMancha does that has to do a herd reduction due to financial problems.

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    You probably won't find many full blood or purebred boer does for less than $200-$300...most are more...At least that is how it is around here. Comercial percentage does can be found for around $100 occasionally...but those do not last long. If you are very serious about a good breeding program you may have to spend more and just buy fewer does to start with.

11. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

I know it's awful. But I did finally get a steal! Bringing a paint doe home end of this month! here.. I posted this in another forum...

"Yay!! Tomorrow we are sending a deposit out on a new paint doeling with remarkable bloodlines! She is so amazing! Let me pull the email with what the breeder had to say. Gahh I'm so excited! Her name is Double Dipped...

[​IMG]

She's paint due to the tail. I love her pigment and her teat structure is 2+2+, who else is in love?"

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow...not only is she a pretty baby, but she is wide too!

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    nice! Congrats on the soon to be new addition

14. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I just saw her for sale yesterday and said to myself, "If she were closer and i had the money to spare i would buy THAT ONE. RIGHT NOW."

I'm so happy someone I "know" is getting her!!!

15. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Really nice girl! =D

16. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Thank you everyone! The deposit was sent out today, and I'm ecstatic! I'll be asking the breeder for more pictures.... :D just for you all. :)

17. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    YAY!!!

18. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I haven't seeen too much in VA as far as goats. I'm starting out raising ND and it's slim pickins around here. Hopefully there will be more. Boers though-I've seen several farms around here in our area-Shenandoah Valley-where are you located?

19. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Thank you very much!

20. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Fredericksburg.. My buck and one of my wethers came from Rawley Pike! The farm's name is Ladybug Hill, she has some pretty awesome goats, and her buck (my guy's sire) is Ennobled. You should check her out; she just had 3 trad. bucklings. My guy cost $200, but she may be charging more. :)