The doeling I never got to meet...........

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by MissMM, Oct 4, 2008.

1. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Goodbye to Timber's Glory, even though I never even got the chance to meet her. Apparently there was an accident during the long drive resullting in a broken leg & she had to get put down.......... say a prayer for me that the rest of the goaties arrive safely this evening........ :(

I think I'll rename the other doeling, Timber's Joy, to Timber's Hope in "hopes" of turning our luck around.

Attached Files:

2. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    sweatheart instead of sweetheart...... :roll:

jeez...........

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    ohmygosh. That is so sad . . . :(.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh that it terrible, i hope that your others arrive safley

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ... :tears: ...what a tragedy,,I will pray that the others will reach your place safely......... :pray: :pray: .

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I am so sorry, that is aweful. Rest in peace dear Glory. Prayers that the rest of them get home safely.

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    So sorry! :grouphug:

8. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
  9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    A terrible shame...I hope that all the others arrive safe and sound...and naming a doeling in Glory's honor is a very sweet thing to do. :hug:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry about the accident with your girl. I know it sucks - we had an accident on our ranch last night also and lost a 2 week old doeling. My heart goes out to you. :hug:

11. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Hope, Pride and Chance arrived without issue last evening. I hate to have Hope in the isolation pen by herself, but she can she and hear the other girls. That will have to be good enough for now.

Timber's Pride will definitely have the barn name "stinky boy!" Peeeee........... Uuuuuuuuuuuuu! and he's only 6 months old!

No pics just yet....... I have a think about taking "naked pics" of my goaties. The breeder sheared them before they started the trip. Bummer, but not much I can do about that now. I'll post pics when they aren't so "bare."

12. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    MissMM, so very sorry about Glory. Yaay for Hope, Pride, and Chance's safe arrival. You're thinking PU about Pride, and he's thinking-"hey lady I'm a stud; what's wrong with my cologne?!?!" :roll:

13. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    One positive about all this is I now have first dibs on the shower when I come back in from the goat pen!! I got used to the smell quickly, but when I walked in the house my boys were like "ahhhhhhhhhhh God Mom...... what is that smell?" Timber's Pride now has a barn name of StinkyButt.

Only other people with a sandpoint well and low water pressure would be able to appreciate the importance of "first in the shower." My first long hot shower in years..... :leap: