The doelings I'm keeping... What do you think?

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by eliya, Jul 24, 2008.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

I'd love to hear any observations on these doelings. I've been taking pictures for MDGA's virtual show, and I'd love to hear what people think of them. I just love them all - they're SO sweet! Oh, and they are all MiniNubians. The first two were born the end of March and the last one was born the 10th of April.

Trillium:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sapphire:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Summer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So, what do you think!?

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh WOW :drool: They are just absolutely gorgeous! What wonderful does! Again, WOW, they are just beautiful!!! :love:

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I think your does are very pretty.I like their length and width.

4. eliya

eliya New Member

Thank you! I just love them and sometimes it's hard to tell if they really are nice or if I'm just biased. :) It's always good to get unbiased opinions.

5. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    I think you definately have some beauties!!!! I love Mini Nubians!! :drool: :drool:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    tiz not fair you are so far away. What beautys

7. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    beautiful pictures they are very nice looking goats

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    wow. they are all super nice. my favorite has to be the first one though! she's just gorgeous

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    They are all beautiful!!! I really like them.

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    They are gorgeous Eliya!! Love em' all!! Makes me want to get out there and get my kids all prettied up. :) Have a busy weekend ahead though...so that won't be happening. :roll:

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Gorgeous goats you have there! Wonderful job setting them up too! :D

12. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks everybody. I have a hard time picking which one is my favorite, but I think I'd have to say Trillium. I have always wanted a buckskin MiniNubian doe - last year her dam gave me my first buckskin MN, but it was a BUCK. I was so excited when I got Trillium!!! I love her conformation, color and personality.

Then Sapphire is from one of my favorite does, Molly. Molly milks about a gallon a day (she peaked at 10 lbs as a 2nd freshening 3 year old!!!). Sapphire looks a lot like her mom. She has a goofy personality and is very dainty. She's quite the character.

Summer's was a later baby so by the time she was born I had so many kids on the ground she didn't get as much attention as the others. But she has a lot to grab my attention - I LOVE her ears!!! And I got my second buckskin doe! Although her color really didn't have much to do with why I kept her. :) Her dam is also super easy to milk and gives a lot.

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    They're stunning! Excellent specimens for Mini-Nubians for sure!

14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :love: :drool: :greengrin: What beautiful doelings! What generation are they?

15. eliya

eliya New Member

Thank you! Trillium is 3rd gen, Sapphire is 4th gen and Summer is 2nd gen.

16. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I like Trillium the best. She is absolutely gorgeous!! They are all pretty, though.

Gosh Eliya! Your making me wanna start breeding MiniNubians! Go get a Nigi buck from Buttin'Heads and get more of the Kastdemur's Nubian bloodlines! LOL!

17. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks Jacque! You really should start with the MiniNubians. You'd love them for sure!

18. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    They are very pretty. Love their colors.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beauties for sure! Excellent choices in "keepers" and they are so true to the breed...I like seeing that...a breeder who truly cares what their girls produce, congrats on what you have done! :thumb:

20. eliya

eliya New Member

Thanks everyone. It is always nice to hear what other people think about my goats. I am pretty happy with the doelings I kept this year, I but I wanted to know if they were really as nice as I thought. I do have them entered in MDGA's virtual show, so it will be interesting to see how they do in that.