the gift of animals! can you help?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by mommaB, Nov 19, 2010.

1. So I saw this flyer, and it really touched me. If there is a gift I would LOVE to give it would be animals!!!

So I wanted to see if anyone else would be interested? If we pooled together we could give a family in need, the gift of livestock to feed themselves.

This is my goal
    http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/x ... em=1894422
    If we all pitch in 10 or 20 buck we could give a family a very special gift!

If you think you would be interested reply to this post. I am up for ideas as this is just a thought, and I'm not sure how we would make it work?

2. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I already do something like this. :) I also help with a goat rescue and a horse rescue. I'm helping a goat named Romeo and a horse named Scarlett right now. I will be doing what I call "Goats for God" at the begining of next year to help an overseas family with some milk goats. I love doing this! You make some very nice friends all over the world. You can even do sheep, cows and chickens. Alfa insurance mag had a write up 3 or 4 months ago about "Cattle for Christ". It was a good article and gave our church the idea to do "Goats for God". I'll let you know how it turns out.

Gina

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    our church;s sunday school did this -- they raised quite a bit of funds for World Vision to provide animals for needy familes around the world

4. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    The organization Heifer is how I usually donate...you can donate a share of an animal (which ranges from about 10 - 100 dollars depending on the animal). The list is here: Heifer web site

This way if you have to donate alone you don't have to foot the bill for a whole animal but can still help out.

I like the organization a lot and once you donate you get updates about their projects.

5. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Last year my son and his wife chose to donate the amount they would have spent on "gifts for the guests" at their wedding (ie: bubbles, candies, momentos...) and instead donated goats and chickens to
    world vision. I thought it was a wonderful option!
    Proud Mom

6. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

People can give the gift of animals locally also. We are currently doing a "Great Goat Giveaway" as I am calling it. We have a small adorable very human affectionate 4 mth old nigerian dwarf pet wether that I'm doing a contest to see who will win him. The stories from the people that want him are so wonderful & it's going to feel great to bring him to his new family when I finally decide who it's going to be. It is a wonderful opportunity that they may not have had to get a healthy wonderful goat. One lady sent me a message today quoted "the kids asked me about little Dominoes when they got home from school today! Thanks for putting a little bright spot in our day! I can hardly wait to hear if we win!"
    Not only does it put a bright spot in their day but it puts a smile on my face knowing that a goat can bring so much joy to people & I am excited to share that!

7. mabeane

mabeane New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Talmadge, Maine
    My husband and I celebrate 35 years of marriage on Christmas Day. Ous special gift to each other is a goat and two chicks through World Vision giving.
    :)