The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is VERY cool! Cute, cool, and it helps your wallet!
They are worth the money. Very very nice quality, i think i paid 29.00 total for 21 custom, 2 blank and it was 12 dollars shipping because we are quite a few states away from the manufacturing place.

Attachments

·
Registered
905 Posts
They look great! Do most of you use those types of collars? We have dog collars on ours, but if there is a good reason to use those cool looking ones that you have, we would switch over. :) Can't have our girls thinking they aren't stylish now, can we? LOL.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They look great! Do most of you use those types of collars? We have dog collars on ours, but if there is a good reason to use those cool looking ones that you have, we would switch over. :) Can't have our girls thinking they aren't stylish now, can we? LOL.
We used dog collars on some for awile but they would fade and break. Then we used another similar chain with metal clasps but they all got stuck on the fences. After getting tired of them not having collars when i need to grab them i ordered these and the tags for an extra touch.

·
Look for me in the barn...
1,074 Posts
Oh, I like those tags!

I use the plastic chain and the breakaway links that Hoegger's sells for my goats. When we're all down in the barn and a goat is being stubborn and pulls against the collar as I'm leading them and the link breaks away, it's annoying. But on the few occasions one of my girls has come down to the barn missing her collar and I've found it under (or once, hanging on) a tree, I'm VERY thankful they break away as easily as they do!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Love those, especially the tags! I use dog collars, but love those too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, new 'clothes'! Very nice. I have collars with bells (i love the sound of the bells when they come running) on my girls but I really like the idea of the name and especially the DOB. A quick and easy way to keep track of things in a growing herd. :)

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Oh, new 'clothes'! Very nice. I have collars with bells (i love the sound of the bells when they come running) on my girls but I really like the idea of the name and especially the DOB. A quick and easy way to keep track of things in a growing herd. :)
Where did you get the bell collars?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts