The Goats Get Drafted

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by dvfreelancer, Nov 12, 2009.

1. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    One of my long time customers is one of the branches of the military, done a bit of work for them over the years.

Today I get a strange call...they're looking for a goat to use in a promotional video. The goat is Bill the Goat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_the_Goat

I believe old Bill is a Kiko. Is that your read?

None of my goats quite fit the bill (pun was intentional). So if anyone knows a Kiko breeder in Western TN with a gentle look-alike, do let me know.

I've worked with their video department many times and they're all stand up pros. They've assured me no animals will be harmed making this video.

If you guessed this might have something to do with a friendly rivalry in a football game with a tie-in to Men Who Stare at Goats, then you'd probably be right in the target area.

2. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
    They look like an Angora instead of Kiko.

3. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Oh, good call. I never thought of that.

They just called and asked me to measure one of my nannies for her costume, so she might be close enough.

Now the goats are demanding a bigger barn with a star on the door...and a gift bag. Next thing you know they'll be getting mixed up with Lindsay Lohan in rehab.

4. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
  5. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    The production crew is on the way. Better go out and get the talent ready for her close up. They asked what to bring for treats, I told them a box of cookies and a couple apples.

The goats get craft services. :cool: They're going to be insufferable after this.

Crew is bringing a crane and jib, which is a long arm for getting the camera up in the air. Don't ask, I have no idea.

I'll let you all know before the commercial goes network. I'll take pictures if they let me and we're going to shoot my video camera next to theirs for b-roll (backup footage).

Quiet on the set please, this is picture. Marks! Clicker! Annnnd action! :shades:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how cool

keep us posted -- would love to see pictures

7. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I still can't understand why they make a goat that is not a fainter... fall over like a fainter for the promos in that movie??? So Weird! LOL It would be like advertising a movie about Pygmys and showing a Boer goat! LOL :ROFL: Talk about misrepresentation!!!

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Oh... I bet your star will be demanding EXTRA godies every night now! LOL One minute she's just a regular goat eatin weeds and now she'll be too good for 'em! :slapfloor:

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

9. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    They are finishing up packing. I thought it was going to be a disaster but it came out pretty good. The crew was really quiet, and low key, that helped a lot.

By the end of the shoot Nanny was so stuffed with apples and cookies she was getting picky about treats.

It's not the goats that were fainting in this one.

I got some pictures of the costume fitting and close ups that we did in the yard pen.

Too funny, one of my goats has a reel.

10. dvfreelancer

dvfreelancer New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Here's one of the pics from the costume fitting and CU's.

Sheez, I look old and fat. That realization ever sneak up on anyone else? It was like going to a concert one time. Who's the old guy warming up for Billy Joel? Took me five minutes to process that IS Billy Joel.

Now it's me. :sigh:

Attached Files:

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ