The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone even know or use the "groups" section of this site? if not why? I have been interested in getting to know more goat people, thats why I joined this site and I also want to get to know other miniature dairy goat breeders - (I raise miniature nubians) Anyway - just wondering if anyone even uses the "groups" I started one anyway for Miniature dairy goats but noticed not a lot of groups and what are there not very many members haha.

·
Super Moderator
83,097 Posts
For some reason, it isn't taking off well.

It doesn't stand out well, on the top portion on the page, that may be why, don't know if everyone knows it is even there.

Thanks for bringing it up. I hope members will see this and join or create more groups. ;)

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been a member for a little while and hadn't noticed the group thing. Eh I tried haha - Mini mania is great on here and all - but what about the miniature diary goat people on here - I assume there has got to be some people doing the nigerian to standard dairy goats for the mini dairy goats - I myself started breeding mini nubians -
Noticed there is a boar goat and an nigerian group - and I KNOW there are lots of nigerian people!

For some reason, it isn't taking off well.

It doesn't stand out well, on the top portion on the page, that may be why, don't know if everyone knows it is even there.

Thanks for bringing it up. I hope members will see this and join or create more groups. ;)

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
I know the ADGA groups works well but thats because it has a registry that separates everyone up into regions (districts as they say). But here there is A LOT more diversity with ND, minies, boars and dairy goats and then factor in where peeps are located... which I guess you could do groups by states. That tightens the group into a more locale area and still leaves open all the different kinds of goat farmers. I dont own or raise boars but I have a friend who does and has the knowledge needed to answer questions. While I have another friend that is a ND and mini nubian breeder who I could turn to for advice there. Or offer more info on locale breeders. In that respect I could see a groups format work.

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, I am glad its more of a "hey I didn't know it was even there thing" rather than a "well thats stupid who uses that" =)

·
Super Moderator
83,097 Posts
Austin mentioned, it is up to members to get it going.
He did say "I'm open to suggestion on promotion though if you think it's something that will benefit the community and they just don't know about it. "

I say, if we want it to be more popular, members have to join in and promote it. ;)

·
I'm watching you
22,267 Posts
So, how do the people on apps find it? There's awesome videos, pictures and all kinds of stuff on that bar.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts