The GW

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by kuiltin_kelly, Oct 10, 2007.

1. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Yup...greedy, greedy, greedy. I'm looking forward to having GW back but I have no plans of leaving the Goat Spot either!

2. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i don't get the feeling that this is a compation with GW. i belong to a number of goat sites & learn some thing new from each one. i really like this site. as i said i belong to many but this is the one i post to because it is such a friendly group. i am greatful that stacy started this site. when gw comes back up i will go there also but will be here more.

3. Goatherder

Goatherder Guest

Oct 8, 2007
    I imagine a lot of people will be at goatweb as well as here. Someone said they feel more comfortable posting here so I guess each has its advantages.

4. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    Any new news about GW? It's Saturday and it's still down :(

Of course, I'll still be here too!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    of course there is no competition with goatweb.

PACE I haven't heard any news - sorry. I am actualy in Chicago right now - just had a chance to get on teh computer thanks to my brother :D

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    me too Im VERY thankful for the Spot!! It took me a few days to get comfy here what with meeting new folks & excited to be with "old" friends!
    Goat people are about the only ones I need to stay in contact with...like many of you, I spend most of my time here with the animals and we need like minded humans (theres a scary thought) my regular friends can only take so much. :D

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    The Spot huh- guess that means we've settled in if the site has a "nickname." :wink:

8. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Here is a update this morning from one of the moderators at GW--
    "it takes time to make this move and patience is what it will take, Debby is working diligently trying to get the info back and the site moved over..it takes time, as this is TONS of work on Debby. "

Wish I had more to tell you folks, just hang in there.
    Nancy

9. cute kids

cute kids Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    i didn't know there was 'moving' going on besides my own recently to my little farm. YES, it does take time and goes on and on and on. i finally AM here, though, so maybe gw will also reach the new 'home' soon. at least debby won't have boxes staring at her forever!!
    the best part is now i can have my goatees and NEED the help of gw and 'the spot!!!! :D :roll:

10. littledipperfarms

littledipperfarms Guest

Nov 16, 2007
    I do have to say I like this forum much better. It's not only the format but the friendliness as well. It's much more open. Dont get me wrong, I loved GW but there were many critical people.

11. dry_gulch

dry_gulch New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Bridgeport, Texas
    this is GREAT!! I couldn't find GW and was having trouble finding another! Good to see so many familiar names too. Thanks Stacey for doing this. :horse: :leap: :leap: :leap: :leap: :leap:

12. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    Is goatweb ever coming back? I just typed it in to see what would happen, and it said the domain is for sale!

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have never heard anything from anyone pertaining to Goatweb, sorry.

14. cute kids

cute kids Guest

Oct 5, 2007
    i have been told that debby has said that gw is most definetely NOT for sale. where was this site you found?? when i google gw i get a weird thing about car sales in hawaii; the goatweb site is shown, but does not show up cause it won't open....??????

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    to dispell the questions I checked godaddy (a domain name provider) and it says goatweb.com is already taken. As well as goatweb.net and another . something

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registra ... sp?ci=8962

I would prefer to not have discussions of the issues with goatweb continuing as it only causes issues so if you have a question that you really need answered about goatweb do ask it but if not lets just keep to discussing goats.

When goatweb is back up we all will know it because I am sure the message will spread if you dont already figure it out yourself.

Thank you

16. luvmygoats

luvmygoats Guest

Dec 1, 2007
    Thanks for keeping The Goat Spot open Stacey. Though I'm not familiar with GW, I know alot of members here came from there. Really good group of people here.

Gina

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have great plans for The Goat Spot I can't wait to start adding stuff to it to make it more functional and an information spot.

18. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    You have such great drive- I appreciate that you are willing to spend time effort (and money?) on something I enjoy so much.

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah some money - but I am my mothers child so I find deals - I just found a domain name provider for really cheep! 7.00 for a year!! wahoo

20. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas