The Huge Buck at the Fair

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TexasRanger, Sep 26, 2010.

1. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Last night me and my dad went to the Comal County Fair, (my only reason for going was to see all the Boers :greengrin: ) so my dad could have a reason to eat deep fried, heart attack inducing food in large quantities. :roll: After looking at about 20 does and 10 wethers, plus the 5 HUGE bucks, we come up to a pen containing a large buck who has his front feet on the fence and is standing up looking at all the people. My dad stops in front of him and starts talking to him, when all of a sudden he (the goat) starts doing the "blah, blah", tongue wagging thing right.in.my.dad's. face. :ROFL: After he did that, he got down and resumed eating his hay like nothing had happened. I turned around while we where leaving and he was back up on the fence, and two teenage girls where walking up toward him commenting on how "cute" he is. They didn't see what he did. :laugh:

2. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio
    :slapfloor: I have never seen that in person, but I know exactly what it means!

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Heheheheh...Oh, man....I would have been laughing my butt off...

I do have to say that I am with your dad on the fair food...greasy fries and funnel cakes are my weakness!

4. Oat Bucket Farm

Oat Bucket Farm New Member

Dec 13, 2009
    LOL, how funny :)

Mmmmmmm funnel cakes...

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. TexasRanger

TexasRanger New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I'll probably be killed for this, but I don't really like Boers. :shrug: All the one's I've met seem to have zero personality and most of them look like clones. There were some good looking, friendly ones there though. One was a little doeling with tan markings, a pure black percentage wether, and a little, I think moonspotted, I'm not sure if that was what was going on there or not, doe. She had the normal brown markings, but with white spots of diff sizes everywhere. The one thing I DO like about the breed is how HUGE the bucks can get! There was one that had to be over 200lbs! The year before there was one the size of a small cow.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I wish you could of gooten a picture. That would of been a great "Black mail" picture. lol

WOW, I know at our county fair the Boers are so friendly that it is crazy. I know it is because the kids work them so much, but that is what is even harder for me. I hate to see those sweet loving friendly goats, because I know what is going to happen. :(