The kidding has started!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by dixiegirl3179, Mar 15, 2011.

1. dixiegirl3179

dixiegirl3179 Done lost her mind...

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    I have 6 does that I'm waiting on to kid. Five of them were in with a buck for about 3 weeks (2 of them for only a week and a half or so), so they could be due starting 3/11/11 (145 days from the first day they were in there) through April 15th (155 days from the last day they were there). The other is the one I purchased a couple weeks ago who was supposedly 5 months bred, but hasn't kidded yet. She'll be having them soon. The babies will be mixed. The moms are pygmies and pygmy/nigerian crosses and the father is who knows what. He's black and tan with a dairy build and half hanging ears.

Here are the does

Mabel (3/11-4/15) kidded 3/14 :kidblue: :kidblue:
    Clara (3/11-4/15) kidded 3/19 :kidblue:
    Bea (3/11-4/15) kidded 3/31 :kidred: :kidred:
    Millie (3/24-4/15) kidded 4/6 :kidblue: :kidred:
    Brandi (3/24-4/15) kidded 3/28 RIP Brandi and at least 1 kid
    Allie (not sure) kidded 3/16 :angelgoat: :angelgoat:

I'm so excited about the first kidding! The babies are adorable! Of course she had them while I was out of town at Disney for a few days. Thankfully she did just fine without help. My brother looked outside and saw the babies with her. I didn't get home til after dark, so haven't got pictures yet. I'll take some tomorrow and start a thread in birth announcements.

Well..not so excited about kidding anymore. Allie (the rescue goat) kidded today. We lost both kids and had to call the vet out to get the second kid because he got stuck. :( I'm about to write a more detailed post on my thread in birth announcements.

2. dixiegirl3179

dixiegirl3179 Done lost her mind...

Jan 20, 2010
    Middleburg, FL
    Clara's kidding seems to have gone well so far. Still waiting on the placenta but the baby is up and nursing. I missed this one too. When I checked them yesterday she still had ligs, and her udder wasn't tight..in fact..it's still not tight or very big now. Hopefully that changes. Pics soon.