The last straw.....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Trace, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    ....some of you might remember that I ahve a child aggressive goat Cookie. Well DH really likes her and is convinced that she is trying to play with my daughter and reluctant to let me sell her on.

Well today was the last straw - she reared up at DD twice. The when I was in house getting carrotts to give to the two of them - SHE BIT HER on the arm - really really hard - she immediately had a massive bruise.

So as soon as the horse comes and I know that Lulu and Rocky (the horse) get on ok - Cookie is going.

Oi vey.

So anyone for a nice barbie at my house?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ...that she was bit... :( .. biting isn't good...they do hurt..... If it were me ..I would get rid of her.... so I am with you.. :help: ... hope you can convince dear hubby though.... :hug:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I agree with Pam. Some goats are just like that and they can be really good for an experienced adult or older experienced child, but for young unexperienced kids they are not so great. I think it's time for her to find a new home.

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I do not tolerate biting and especially people. If I were you, then yes, she'd be gone.

5. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks Guys - having a goaty support networks really helps. Most of the people around here still think that they eat tin cans. :hair: :hair:

6. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    We had a really nice looking goat we where traning as a pack goat. He went for my son and was gone the next day. Goats can kill a person. They are not to be messed with if you can not control them. Most young kids can't.
    I am so sorry you have this problem. Tell your DH that if she hits your DD in the head she could be killed.

7. :sigh: Find what your hubby likes about that goat and find it in any of the other 5000 that carry the trates and are nice.

GET RID OF HER! :thumb:

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww. I'm sorry it didn't work out. What kind of goat is it? And where are you at? I'm sure someone would take her. I don't have kids, and my goats don't really like kids anyway. So we are okay there.