The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know I am working on my masters degree in education of the deaf and hard of hearing. Well I had a lesson plan made with an inquiry activity that was going to use the NASA website as a student resource only to find out that the NASA site has been removed and shut down due to the government shut down. . . I would have thought they would have at least left it up but not updated the site. Well talk about last minute redo's for my whole lesson. . . Oh the joys!

Ok you may return to your regularly scheduled program lol :D

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
That's a bummer! Someone I know has been trying to get a loan to buy some cows for the last couple months through the FSA (Farm Service, part of the USDA) and now they are closed so they have to wait even longer to get a loan :( I have a loan there too and was planning to sell my calves soon and pay it off.. but can't do that until they re open.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Erica: Sad thing is it's not NASA's fault it's one certain persons fault for letting the government shut down. NASA can't work when they are told to go home.

That's a bummer! Someone I know has been trying to get a loan to buy some cows for the last couple months through the FSA (Farm Service, part of the USDA) and now they are closed so they have to wait even longer to get a loan :( I have a loan there too and was planning to sell my calves soon and pay it off.. but can't do that until they re open.
Yes it is a big bummer. Oh goodness I didn't even think about loans. Well at least our rural loan already was kicked out due to deed issues with having the land in two parts and not being on a single deed. Sorry it will affect you paying off your loan.

I just never thought that cache links to the site would have been shut down too! Oh the joys!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My two sisters in law and my two brothers in law (that I love dearly) are all deaf. Thank you for choosing this career path! :hugs:
Awww thank you so much! I really needed to hear this today. My night class has just been addressing why so many teachers are leaving the field of education and I feel like they have been trying to scare some of us off. I keep telling them that I plan to be in it to stay because it does not really matter to me how high the hurdles are being placed but that there is someone left to still provide education for our future! I consider myself very lucky to be located so close to the Tennessee School for the Deaf. TSD is within 5 to 8 mins of our campus and we have a large population of deaf and hard of hearing individuals in our area. I really feel that I did not choose this path but the path actually choose me. Everything I had done directed me to this and I feel like it is more of a calling.

Thank you again and best wishes to your family!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts