The nerve of people

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goathappy, May 15, 2008.

1. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    People really get on my nerves sometimes. A friend of ours came to pick up some goat meat today and while were were standing around talking the phone rang. Mom handed it to me to answer without looking. Caller ID said "Incoming Call" meaning an untraceable call, so I figured it was just some magazine we don't subscribe to wanting us to renew our subscription. So I answer, the man asked if Raymond was there(that's my dad) I asked who it was, he said his name, didn't sound familiar to me and asked if my dad was there. I asked what the call was pertaining to, he said business matters and he wanted to speak to Raymond. I said "I'm his wife, what pertains to him pertains to me"(just a note, nobody can tell my mom or I apart on the phone so we take each other's places when somebody calls) The man proceeded to say that dad lost some business because of his jacka** wife. I was so mad, I don't put up with that kind of ****. I don't remember exactly what I said but it was something like he was one first and then I hung up. I was so mad, he not only called me a jack***, but he technically called my mom one too. I told her that I'm pretty sure dad doesn't do business with people who call his wife that, and I'm positive he wouldn't put up with it.

I wasn't rude, I was just asking the two basic questions I ask every person who calls, Who is this and What is this call pertaining to.

People somtimes :angry:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have not had that perticular thing happen to me - but I can only imagine how upset I would be.

People can get so rude. My hubby is 250# and about 6'1" I have actually pushed him out of the way and said that they can talk to me if they have an issue before - actually twice in 1 weekend. For some reason when we go to a bar everyone likes to try to start something with the "big guy" I hate it.

Keep your head "high" and know that HE is the jack#$$

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It certainly Irks me that people can have the *****to cause a problem and insult others over the phone as opposed to in person!! To me that's downright yellow...I have issues with the same type of thing Allison...only the opposite! I'm 5'9 and not a light weight and my hubby is 5'4 and 145# I absolutely detest the big mouthed female "bar fly's" that insist on trying to get to me thru him...I've not been nasty...just quietly put them in their place.

4. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Some people just don't think when they are on the phone. I guess they feel like they are talking to the phone and not a real person. A few weeks ago I called an auto parts store looking for prices and the guy there actually asked me "to put my husband on the phone because he needed some technical information that he was sure I wouldn't understand." Well after I ran down the list of all the specs for my van and DHs Blazer I told him they would never get my business again. :veryangry:

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I told my dad, he was pretty mad about it, but I told him I had never heard of the guy's name and that obviously his business wasn't to important if he had the guts to call his wife that. :roll:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Good for you, obviously, the man on the phone didn't desrve to have ANYTHING done for him, especially after the rude way he spoke to your "mom".

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL yeah :) I don't put up with people like that, you push my buttons you better watch out!! :wink:

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    You know I was with you till the "I'm the wife...". It would have been much better if you had just said "I'm sorry he's busy right now, may I ask him to call you back?". My hubby is a Dentist and we get calls all the time from salesmen, even patients used to call us at home (until I unlisted our number), so I always screen his calls. But, always in a professional manner. Wouldn't you be a little "ticked" if the roles were reversed? It might have been a salesperson, or it could have been a sale for your dad. Sorry JMO.

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Yeah I know but we are farmers, so what pertains to dad pertains to mom, it is a joint business. If he can't prove that his business is important, he isn't going to get through to dad. Not to mention, if it was important business, people always call my dad's phone, nobody has the home phone number anymore.