The New Goat Mobile! ~PIC OVERLOAD!!!~

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by HollowbeadRanch, Feb 10, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I would have put this in the Chatter Box, but this has SO MUCH to do with my new herd of goats that I HAD to put it here :greengrin:

I am sure everyone has noticed that I haven't been on the forum alot the past few days, and I PROMISE there has been an EXCELLENT reason for it :greengrin: Last week Hubby and I went down the road to our other property to get hay out of the barn to bring back here for BoPeep. Well since we have my Tahoe, his K-5 Blazer, and his Dodge SRT-10 (can't put hay in this because it is a VERY fast pickup AND it is a collectors item. #565 of only 3,000 made world wide) the only real option for getting a few bales of hay is to either hook to a trailer (which is REDICULOUS for just a couple of bales) or load it in the hatch of my Tahoe, so this is what we did. Needless to say it only held two bales of hay and of course hay was ALL OVER the vehicle by the time we were done. So after this he starts talking about needing to get me a truck to have for the farm, because it would be alot more practical for me. So he sends me and my sis to look at vehicles on Friday and Saturday, which strict instructions to pick out something I like so he can take a look at it. We went EVERYWHERE and ended up picking a Chevy Avalanche at the local dealership (this one was a used one) then we also found a new one at a different dealership. So yesterday me and Hubby go back over there to talk with them about it AND........................... He picks the new one AND trades in my Tahoe AND his Dodge truck!!! :shocked: I was SO shocked :love: He told me that I had allowed him to buy alot of really nice things and that he thought it was my turn to have something nice :love: I honestly believe he is the absolute best husband a girl could have!

Anyways.... I will be taking pics of it this evening (I have got to take it back to the dealership for them to give it a full cleaning :greengrin: ) and will post them AS SOON AS I get them! When I DO post the pics I will move this thread to the photogenic section, so please be sure to take a look there for it this evening :greengrin: This truck is going to make things so much easier on me! And we are going to build a cage for the back of it so I don't have to pull a trailer near as much! As for the specifics of the truck.... I am going to wait to post them with the pics.... hehehe don't want to ruin the surprise :greengrin:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: The New Goat Mobile!

yes he is the most awesome hubby :hug:

3. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thank you! :hug: I have been so excited I could barely sleep last night. He even offered to sleep in the passenger seat while I drove around until I got sleepy enough to go home and go to bed :slapfloor: But I wouldn't let him do that. He did get up with me this morning and we went down and ate breakfast before he had to go to work :greengrin: I am OVERLY excited! (bet ya can't tell huh?) I was gonna wait about posting until I had the pics, but I just couldn't help myself!! :leap:

4. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN

Thanks for sharing & congratulations! It is so nice to hear about good things happening on occasion!

Your hubby is definitely a keeper! Maybe you should hire him out to give lessons to a few others? Actually... I can't complain. My DH is awesome to..... just which he had been born rich instead of so good looking :wink:

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

awe Brandi we are just as excited for you anyway :leap:

6. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

That's awesome :) Nice hubby. I really want a truck.. lol

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Congratulations. :leap:

8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

What a great hubby! Congrats! :leap:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

So what is my Hubby #2 getting me??? :ROFL: :shrug: :ROFL: :shrug:

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Awe Brandi! I am positive that I don't have to tell you that you are a very lucky gal! Can't wait to see that piccie!

11. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Thank you everyone! :grouphug: SO MUCH!!!! Well... it took the chevy place longer to get everything done yesterday (they had to setup my onstar and XM radio :greengrin: ) than we had expected and by the time I got home it was POURING down ran! So I couldn't get pics last night, BUT I got up this morning and just BARELY beat the rain getting all the pics took. But I DID get them and I am loading them right now :wink: I will warn you though..... I took TONS of pics! LOL!

hehehehehe... he said you better talk to Norm :ROFL: that I am enough of a handful :ROFL:

12. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Here it is!!!!!!! It is a brand new 2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ 4x4. It is the equivalent of a 3/4 ton (6.0 Liter). It has the Super Duty Transmission, 4.10 Axel Ratio, Towing Package, Black Leather Interior, Heated Seats, 10-way Power Seats, Wood Grain, 6-Disc CD Changer, 1 yr. Free Onstar, 3 months free XM/Sirus Radio, Sunroof, Automatic Pedal Adjust Button, Park Assist, Drive and Passanger Climate Control, Radio Controls on the Steering Wheel, and alot more neat stuff that I can't think of right now (I am having to read the manual to figure everything out :ROFL: ). It has a bed cover and tool boxes built in each side. Also, the back seat folds down and you can actual lay down the back wall (what they call the front gate) to extend the bed of the truck all the way up to the front seats! Needless to say, my goats and me will be riding in style :wink:

Anyways, here are the pics :leap:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Beautiful.

I need a new truck so bad but I do not believe I would get one that nice for us, I haul to many animals around and I would be afraid I would mess that beautuy up.

I was in a accident a couple weeks ago when a little Ford Fusion slammed into my truck on the left side, she hit me so hard that she sent me spinning and I slammed into a Escalade on my right side. It was a 1996 Dodge. Nope it was not the newest or the prettiest but it was for hauling my goats and horses around, it was great, but now it is totaled and I have no way to pull my trailer. :tears: I have no idea what they are going to do about it either. I guess I will have to get a lawyer.

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats Brandi!!! You are so spoiled! LOL! :ROFL:

I was on yahoo last night and so was your hubby - asked him what kind of truck he was going to buy his "second wife" and he said a Tonka - what is that all about!! :shrug: :ROFL: :shrug: :ROFL: :shrug: :ROFL:

Lori - I am so sorry to hear about your accident. If you need help with how to go about your truck with the insurance company. We own an autobody shop so we deal with it on a daily basis for people!!

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That. I will see what they are going to do first.

I was a little surprised that her insurance company did ask us if we had done anything to it to make it more valuable. (did we), OH lets see we have a new engine transmission and I am working on getting all the other receipts for the work we did. Like i said it was not NEAR as a looker as this one here but it did the job I needed it to.

16. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you!!! :leap: I am so VERY tickled with it!!!

Allison- Yes, hubby told me about the Tonka truck :ROFL: And where are you getting this "spoiled" idea at??? :shrug: :angel2: :ROFL:

Lori- I am very sorry about your accident :hug: I hope you can get everything worked out!

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very nice! congrats again

18. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
  19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008