The newest additions.

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Crissa, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Here are my two rescue goats from the auction. Name suggestions would be appreciated. :wink:

Spotted Doe. She wasn't very cooperative. :roll:
    [​IMG]

Black Doe, she's filthy. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    the brown one looks to be a bit older than the black. both are cute!

question--- what are the stickers?

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah I think the spotted one is older too, we're going to check her teeth later to get an estimate. The stickers are from the auction they came through, we forgot to take them off of her, but got them off of the spotted doe. :roll: lol

4. Soooo cute! congrats! :leap: I kinda like flash?

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are very nice... :love: ..at least ....I know.... they will be taken great care of.... :wink: :greengrin:

can't think of names yet.....hmm..... :scratch:

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    lol i love the black and tan!.. but.. of course i would! i raise rabbits like that!

hmmm..

Giselle
    lark
    hannah
    joanna
    emily

7. Ariel301

Ariel301 Guest

Oct 12, 2009
    Pretty goats! I really like the markings on the black one. She looks fairly young too.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Pretty girls Crissa!

The black one has very striking markings! Flash, Blaze :?

The spotty girl does appear to be older....her belly looks very deep, is she possibly preggy?
    Luna, Sunny :?

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks everyone. Sadly Liz, she was pregnant, she got too stressed and had them too early. She had two stillborn bucks. :( I didn't even think she was, I feel terrible.

10. Molly&Monica

Molly&Monica New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Loma, CO
    Did she kid after you bought her at the sale? Man, what a bummer-I'm so sorry!!

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yes, we bought her Friday, she stayed at the auction until Saturday around 1:30 pm, and she kidded last night.

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey it might not have anything to do with you or the sale ...... proper care when pregnant is important and she may have been lacking in that. :hug:

13. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    They are pretty girls Crissa!

I am so sorry that the spotted doe losst her babies. That is hard. But at least she and her future kids will get a good home with you and she'll have proper management. :hug:

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you both. I just hope it's not too late for her. She's actually quite a bit worse than she looks in the pictures, there's almost no weight to her at all, I can barely feel just a TINY bit of fat in between her ribs.

The black one is doing very well though, she's been named MoonLite. :)

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww, Crissa I'm sorry she lost her babies. :hug: There was nothing you could have done this soon to have been able to save them.

Maybe it was a blessing, if her condition is as poor as you say, she never would have been able to care for them without causing more harm to herself. Take this time to give her even more TLC and the extra groceries she'll get will go towards making her healthy enough to be able to give you healthy babies when the time comes. :hug:

16. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks Liz. If they had survived we would have bottle fed them. I just can't wait until we get her healthy. I did come up with a name for her. Legacy.

17. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Those are really nice names, and goats!!! Sorry about the kids! :hug:

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you.

He bought me ANOTHER goat! This one has a fish teat though, and I'm certain that she's pregnant, I bumped her and I felt a baby. Hopefully she doesn't abort. I don't know what to do about this doe though, I really DON'T like the fish teat, but she's such a cute doe. :sigh: And I don't want to hurt his feelings, as he was trying to buy something for me, I bet he didn't notice the fish teat, I didn't really notice it until I got ahold of her. Advice please?

19. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you arent showing her and she doesnt pass on the fish teat then I wouldnt worry about it.

Keep her till she kids and go from there -- I mean at some point you are going to have to sell goats she just maybe one of them

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks Stacey.

Here she is. Cricket.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]