The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally love the smell of hay but we were bringing a few bales home and my brother was sitting the.complaining ewww this stinks, I have a head ache. I was like REALLY?

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Did you guys bring it home in the vehicle? :laugh: Maybe he's allergic?

I have pretty bad allergies when it comes to grass hay...alfalfa i'm not too bad with, but get me around that grass hay and watergy, itchy eyes...runny stuffed nose...headache...etc. Not fun!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yes we did (only needed 3 bales to last til we get our big shipment) and nope no allergies just not a farm boy.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Yeah, that would do it. Hell, I'm allergic to the stuff - especially alfalfa - and I love the smell of hay, when I can smell it anyway. :laugh:

·
goat girl x0x0
2,478 Posts
I love the smell of it :love: it's so sweet and reminds me of animals, which I love! So no complaining.

I once went to a show and I was wandering around the stables and my boyfriend was having a sook because of the smell. HORSES SMELL AMAZING! D:

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
I also love the smell of hay but my mom hates it. I'm slightly allergic to it. Breathing in the dust makes me cough for hours but I love my goaties so I deal.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I love the smell but I'm allergic to certain types... full in watery itchy eyes, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, itchy face. I have a lot of allergies though so I just have to get over it

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the smell of it :love: it's so sweet and reminds me of animals, which I love! So no complaining.

I once went to a show and I was wandering around the stables and my boyfriend was having a sook because of the smell. HORSES SMELL AMAZING! D:
I know I LOVE the smell of horse

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a few wet spots in my hay. it is Green and the wet was not warm or moldy/mildewy/musty. I pulled those out and the wet spot and rest of the bale are cold (like barn temp) is this okay or should I avoid this hay?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is grass hay by the way

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Ohhh I hate hay, no joke. I cant breath or see if I dont take my pills every night, then my arms itch and if I itch it I am now blessed with eczema and that will take over. BUT my dad did grow some rye hay and cut it green and brought me some and I think that does smell good, but again I suffer so I try not to enjoy it lol

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
I love it !

Especially when we go get grass hay straight out of the field for the horses & cows mmmmm smells so good. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts