the status of GW:

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by StaceyRosado, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    in a message from Debby this AM, she is getting slow responses for the server. They are in the process of moving and updating all sites they host(ed). In the meantime---Debby advises everyone NOT to use "dotgig.com" as a site host.
    Gw will be back--it's just taking some time.
    Thanks--
    Moderator of Goatweb.com

2. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok this is straight from Debby herself.

Hi everyone,

This is an update on what happened... and continues to happen. I still have no access to the site database so I can not restore it on the new site I have set up with another hosting company. I don't have a problem at all if this entire thread gets posted somewhere so that people know we didn't just wake up one morning and decide to let Goatweb go poof. The hosting company, DotGig.com, run by Samuel Mann of Modesto, did that, with absolutely no previous warning that it would happen. As you will see from the support ticket that I opened up below, there has been almost no response from him. I really do apologize for the problem because I know people depend on Goatweb, and if I lived in Modesto, I'd probably try to figure out how to find him in person to find out what is going on. They have no phone number on their site... only the support ticket system. As you can see... it's not much support!

Debby

Debby Kilburn: Oct 09, 2007 4:02 PM
    The domains have been down for a while. I sent in a paypal payment. Was that received? I am unable to login to the whm or cpanel on goatweb.com and playfulpuppy.com. Please advise.

samuel: Oct 10, 2007 9:11:36 PM

Hi debby, Your accounts had to be moved to another server. We have tried to notify everyone, issue new ips etc. The accounts have been moved you just need new ips. Ill update this ticket later this evening with your new ips and basic instructions on how to adjust your main domain playfulpuppy

Debby Kilburn: Oct 11, 2007 7:21:14 AM

It would be nice to get notification of this ahead of time. These sites have been down for a while now and it has taken a couple of days to get a response once I finally did get time to write. This is not good customer service :( At this point I just need to get into the control panel so I can back up the database and move it. Is there a way to do that without having to update the IP addresses?

samuel: Oct 12, 2007 6:51:20 AM

The only way to get this ability is to have the sites functioning. I suppose what I could do is back up each account and offer it for download. Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Debby Kilburn: Oct 14, 2007 7:14:00 AM

Is there a reason the sites aren't functioning? I sort of thought that was the point of having paid hosting? I know you said they were moved to a different server so I'm not sure why I wasn't notified or given the information needed to make whatever changes needed to be done to keep it up and running. At this point, yes, please backup each account and let me know where I can download it. The goatweb database is the most important because it represents several years of knowledge that are accessed by a couple of thousand members. I've been getting non-stop emails from people wondering when it is coming back. Please email me at [email removed for privacy] and let me know when this is available and please don't delete anything until I can restore the db elsewhere to make sure it is up and functioning. Thank you.

Debby Kilburn: Oct 16, 2007 12:52:57 PM

I'm not sure if you saw the previous message but I would really like to get this resolved. Please advise on what needs to be done to access the database and site files.

Debby Kilburn: Oct 18, 2007 2:12:01 PM

This is getting a little frustrating, since this seems to be the only way to contact support. On 10/10 I was told that new instructions would be sent out and I have not received those yet. On 10/12 I was told that backups could be made and I have not gotten information on that. Ironically, I just received an email bill from dotgig. Seems like that part of the process is working. This needs to be wrapped up asap.

samuel: Oct 18, 2007 11:16:26 PM

It is much more work to back up all of the sites correctly than getting the ips working to serve the sites but this is under way (The recovery and backup of the sites). When it is done a link to each will be available. This is a lot of work.

Debby Kilburn: Oct 19, 2007 8:43:22 AM

Then how about the ips info that i was supposed to be sent on October 10th? I just need to get back into the site one way or another. The word "recovery" indicates that something was lost. Did the site get deleted? Why? Good communication is the key to a successful business... and that really has been lacking here. No advanced notice, very slow (and partial) responses to questions.

Debby Kilburn: Oct 25, 2007 8:14:47 AM

Is there an update on this account? I am preparing to report this incident to the Better Business Bureau and whatever web hosting forums are available. I'm not trying to be mean about stuff, but this is just unacceptable.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That is certainly lacking in integrity on that man's part- :x Well thank goodness for Staceyroop's initiative that we have the Spot.

4. Rockytopsis

Rockytopsis New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Stacey
    Thanks for posting the problems that Debby is having, at least now some of the folks here can get a better understanding of what she is going through
    Nancy

5. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    that's all i wanted....just to know what was what. now i feel that i DO understand better the problem. debby must be frustrated out of her gourd. good luck, debby, where ever you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. kuiltin_kelly

kuiltin_kelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    North central WI
    Ok all,
    When I logged on tonight a sever came up saying it was the GW. There is no forum, not even a link to the GW home page, but there is a conection now so maybe there will be a Gw up again soon. only time will tell. I hope Debby still has hair left as by now I would have probably forgone on the site myself. She has WAY more paitients then I, Good thing too!!

7. goatilocks

goatilocks New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    gainseville, ga
    dotgig.com information

Sorry if this offends anyone working on trying to get goatweb back up but separated DH noticed I still cant get on goatweb and got nosey and tried to help. Debbie may already have all this info but in case she doesnt maybe it will help.

Informaton that may be usefull in contacting dotgig.com:

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: DOTGIG.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.DOTGIG.COM
    NS2.DOTGIG.COM

For complete domain details go to:
    http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx? ... DOTGIG.COM

OrgName: FastServers, Inc.
    OrgID: FASTS-1
    Address: 175 W. Jackson Blvd
    Address: Suite 1770
    City: Chicago
    StateProv: IL
    PostalCode: 60604

RTechHandle: FASTS-ARIN
    RTechName: FastServers
    RTechPhone: +1-866-753-3278
    RTechEmail: admin@fastservers.net

OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE947-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: Abuse
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-866-753-3278
    OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@fastservers.net

OrgNOCHandle: FASTS1-ARIN
    OrgNOCName: FastServers NOC
    OrgNOCPhone: +1-866-753-3278
    OrgNOCEmail: noc@fastservers.net

OrgTechHandle: BEW4-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Ewing, Brandon
    OrgTechPhone: +1-319-277-6937
    OrgTechEmail: brandon@fastservers.net

OrgTechHandle: FASTS-ARIN
    OrgTechName: FastServers
    OrgTechPhone: +1-866-753-3278
    OrgTechEmail: admin@fastservers.net

The IP/Server address for dotgig.com is 64.62.139.2 This IP/Server address is valid and can be pinged which indicates that it is up and responding to internet traffic.

8. galixey

galixey New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Earl Park, Indiana
    Goatweb

Goatweb e-mail is up and working now so hopefully the site will soon follow. Bob

9. moonspinner

moonspinner Member

Oct 5, 2007
    western NY
    So now if Goat Web does return, will we have both GW AND Goat Spot?

10. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i hope so. i would hate to the goat spot leave. i enjoy it here so much & really feel comfortable on here. i will be coming here all the time & may stop in gw once in a while.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    The Goat Spot will stay around as long as their are members to keep it going.

We have lots of members who were not affiliated with Goatweb and we have those who really like the friendly atmosphere here.

12. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    I like both places, so I'll most likely check in at each of them. There's no reason why someone should feel they couldn't do both.

13. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    Count me in that group! :hi5:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    That is totaly true.

I am a member of another goat group as well. I know others on here are members there.

No forum should make their members feel that they can only be at home at one place so the Goat Spot won't either.

15. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Goatweb email has been accessible the entire time, so unfortuneately that is not an indication of when it will be back. It is a slow process but it is proceeding.

16. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    wow what a mess! :shock: poor Debby does so much for us and now this!!! :roll: Be sure to let me know if she needs a collection to afford another site :)
    If you get on here Debby, don't think your hard work doesn't go unappreciated. You rock girl! Thanks so much and so sorry you have to be so stressed! :(

17. galixey

galixey New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Earl Park, Indiana

Sorry for getting everyones hopes up. The e-mail has not been working for me so thought maybe it was progress. By the way Thank You to Stacy for starting this great board for us.
    Bob

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    As promised I am giving you all updates that I hear about the old goatweb.

This will be the final update because goatweb is nolonger.

if you have any further questions on the matter please pm me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.