The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days ago I got a call from a local Nubian breeder asking if I could take a "free to good home" wether.

The goat in question is a 4yr old red roan that thinks he is a dog and is HUUUGE compared to what I'm used to. I'm 5"11 and this goat almost comes up to my hip.:shocked: I had no idea he was going to be this big (I thought he'd be the size of their buck).

His history: He was owned by a friend of the breeder in a another part of the state. They had him in the house (breeder said he liked to watch tv) and that when he outgrew the house, they but him in a pasture with a pony. For some reason they could no longer keep him (breeder wasn't clear on why) and so they gave him to the breeder. Breeder was afraid he'd become part of a holiday meal, so here he is.

He does appear to be a little thin , but other then that he is healthy. (Pics do not do justice to his size).

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he's a cutie! but I can see he's twice the size of all your other goats!
Whats worse, he's almost bigger then the miniature horse!

It would be cool if you could teach him to.pull a cart or pack. He looks like a sweetie
That is a good idea. Where's a good place to find a frame and pack? No really good place to pull a cart around here.

Is he "normal" Nubian size?

· Goatless goat momma
7,838 Posts
bigger than the miniature horse?!?!?!? :shocked:

maybe find an old wagon and hitch him up to it somehow. i'm sure our pack and working goat friends on the forum can help you figure something out. if he's that big, no sense not using him for pulling/lugging stuff.....

· Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigger than the miniature horse?!?!?!? :shocked:

maybe find an old wagon and hitch him up to it somehow. i'm sure our pack and working goat friends on the forum can help you figure something out. if he's that big, no sense not using him for pulling/lugging stuff.....
By about an inch.

Problem is, getting his lazy spoiled butt to work. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.