The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all those waiting for their goats to kid... chocolate, anyone?

I'm waiting on Whissy to kid. (Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but she's not pregnant yet :twisted: )

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope sorry. i ate it all.

i'm waiting on my sheep to lamb :wink:

ok it was 150 days (to go) on the 1st October... (assuming at least one was bred then) sooo... 1st March... someone will just have to buy me more chocolate :roll:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm waiting on 4 more does this month. Due dates: 16th, 20th, 20th, 27th. Then 4 more nest month. The chocolate is H I D D E N

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Raven is due February 10. She's a month pregnant and is already looking big. I'll be happy with anything she has :D We're keeping all her does and a buck. :D
Molly is due Feb. 21
Kadi is due Feb. 22
Caramel is due Feb. 23 or 24
and Mary is due Feb. 25.
I'll probably regret breeding them like that when the kidding storm hits :lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just set up a breeding pen yesterday and put 4 does in with my blue-eyed ND, Starbuck....usually I wait until November for my breedings but last year March was nicer than April. Hopefully we won't have any blizzard kids in '08!

·
Registered
124 Posts
goathappy said:
I'll probably regret breeding them like that when the kidding storm hits :lol:
Last year I had 7 does kid over a 4 day period...it was crazy!!! It was fun, though, and we didn't lose any kids in spite of snowing, blowing, and freezing temps. Of course this was all happening over Easter weekend and I missed all the festivities. It was worth it in the end...but I don't think I'll breed that many at one time ever again!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
LOOKS like I'll have three go within a month.....very ok by me...wish they could have waited til November to breed though....expecting kids to start arriving mid January to mid February......unless Tilly waits til the end of February! lol.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Raven came into heat today :cry: Which means she isn't bred to the buck I wanted :cry: Oh well.
That means Caesar got a date, then I Gertie and April decided to come into heat so Brutus got 2 dates. So now March 13 I'll have 3 does kidding :D

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Aww man! :eek: What a bummer Sarah! :(

We have 2 due in Jan. One is the 15th the other is the 23rd. Thought we had a second on due on the 15th, but noticed she was in heat this morning. Don't know if it is a false heat or what, because she was bred back in August and we kept a very close eye on her when 3 weeks came around and absolutely nothing! Either she has been having silent(SP?) heats or this one is false and I am praying that it is, because we wanted some Sr. kids! The other two are having Kiko kids. Another one that is due Feb. 20th-22nd. She didn't come back in heat on day 21 like she did the first time, but I'll wait until day 27 passes...then I'll be more happy, because you know goats! They like to keep your hopes up and then torture you! :lol: :roll: Another one that should be coming back in heat in a couple days if she didn't settle. And waiting to see if Flicka will be big enough to breed by the end of Nov. Oh yeah....Bella came back in heat for the 3rd time! :cry: We would like to try some homeopathic(SP?) stuff on her next time around if she doesn't settle this time. :) Maybe that will work. I'll pray that it does! :D

Alrighty! Enough rambling! Gotta go to bed! :shock: :lol:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts