The Waiting Thread

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by lesserweevil, Oct 8, 2007.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    For all those waiting for their goats to kid... chocolate, anyone?

I'm waiting on Whissy to kid. (Shhhh... don't tell anyone, but she's not pregnant yet :twisted: )

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I'm in the same waiting boat as you my dear

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Chocolate - Did someone say Chocolate??? AHHH - I would love some!

I am starting the counting game on 2 now! LOL!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, I just got word from my friend who has one of my does until her horns fall off, that she believes she was bred late last week - I am now waiting on 3 does - And this is my first kidding season - AHHHH!!!

Good luck to us all!

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh fun!!!

so did she use the banding method for the horns? that is what I am guessing.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yes. Daisy is 3 1/2 years old. If she was in fact bred last week, he is a BEAUTIFUL ND.

Going to bowling - nighty night

7. I feel like I've been waiting forever...it's been 154 days since I first put the buck with my goats Sugar and Jackie...I love chocolate!

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well I am waiting on 6 of my girls to kid :roll: 1 should be going ANY DAY NOW and then the other 5 shouldn't last over another month or two... All of this is quessing since they were purchased bred :roll: Can someone pass that chocolate over here????

9. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    nope sorry. i ate it all.

i'm waiting on my sheep to lamb :wink:

ok it was 150 days (to go) on the 1st October... (assuming at least one was bred then) sooo... 1st March... someone will just have to buy me more chocolate :roll:

10. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    LOL!! What a bummer.... No more chocolate :cry: Well... time to raid the Halloween candy :twisted:

11. cartref

cartref New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    I'm waiting on 4 more does this month. Due dates: 16th, 20th, 20th, 27th. Then 4 more nest month. The chocolate is H I D D E N

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    LOL!

Sounds like you will be busy again soon.

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Raven is due February 10. She's a month pregnant and is already looking big. I'll be happy with anything she has :D We're keeping all her does and a buck. :D
    Molly is due Feb. 21
    Kadi is due Feb. 22
    Caramel is due Feb. 23 or 24
    and Mary is due Feb. 25.
    I'll probably regret breeding them like that when the kidding storm hits :lol:

14. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    I just set up a breeding pen yesterday and put 4 does in with my blue-eyed ND, Starbuck....usually I wait until November for my breedings but last year March was nicer than April. Hopefully we won't have any blizzard kids in '08!

15. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Last year I had 7 does kid over a 4 day period...it was crazy!!! It was fun, though, and we didn't lose any kids in spite of snowing, blowing, and freezing temps. Of course this was all happening over Easter weekend and I missed all the festivities. It was worth it in the end...but I don't think I'll breed that many at one time ever again!

16. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I always do it just to get kidding over with. This year the biggest bunch was 12 does over 5 days this last February. THAT was interesting, lol.

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    LOOKS like I'll have three go within a month.....very ok by me...wish they could have waited til November to breed though....expecting kids to start arriving mid January to mid February......unless Tilly waits til the end of February! lol.

18. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Raven came into heat today :cry: Which means she isn't bred to the buck I wanted :cry: Oh well.
    That means Caesar got a date, then I Gertie and April decided to come into heat so Brutus got 2 dates. So now March 13 I'll have 3 does kidding :D

19. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Aww man! :eek: What a bummer Sarah! :(

We have 2 due in Jan. One is the 15th the other is the 23rd. Thought we had a second on due on the 15th, but noticed she was in heat this morning. Don't know if it is a false heat or what, because she was bred back in August and we kept a very close eye on her when 3 weeks came around and absolutely nothing! Either she has been having silent(SP?) heats or this one is false and I am praying that it is, because we wanted some Sr. kids! The other two are having Kiko kids. Another one that is due Feb. 20th-22nd. She didn't come back in heat on day 21 like she did the first time, but I'll wait until day 27 passes...then I'll be more happy, because you know goats! They like to keep your hopes up and then torture you! :lol: :roll: Another one that should be coming back in heat in a couple days if she didn't settle. And waiting to see if Flicka will be big enough to breed by the end of Nov. Oh yeah....Bella came back in heat for the 3rd time! :cry: We would like to try some homeopathic(SP?) stuff on her next time around if she doesn't settle this time. :) Maybe that will work. I'll pray that it does! :D

Alrighty! Enough rambling! Gotta go to bed! :shock: :lol:

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Muriel came into heat today, so we drove her an hour to her date. Ober babies March 14!!! :D