The weirdest noise I have ever heard!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by goatshows, Feb 25, 2009.

1. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    A few weeks ago I was coming in from feeding the goats and I heard this weird noice. I heard it several times. At first I though it was a dog but I will tell you a dog could not make this noise! It sounded like a cross between a cow mooing and a horn of some sort. It called several times and I know it came from an animal. It sounded up on the hill like 1/2 mile away from us. Dose anyone know what it could be?

2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    A cow blowing it's horn? :ROFL:

Sorry, could it have been a cow that was giving birth or sick? They can sound real pitiful and kinda like you described. Otherwise I have no idea.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with ..Cinder....cows do make extremely weird noises... especially at calving time or in distress....It could of very well of been that..... :wink:

4. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    the scary thing is that there ae no cows around in like the whole town! it sounded like a moose maybe!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    OK ... it might of been a moose.... :wink: I don't know ..what else it could be...hmmm mystery.. :scratch:

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

male deer and elk make very odd noises. Heard a deer int he woods here one day, kind of like a mooing cow but not. He was calling to the goat does that were in heat, he paced our fence for several hours.
    beth

8. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    no it did no sound like that. Bona Fide. would elk be this far sounth? i am in central southern Mass.

9. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Either that or a donkey, donkeys don't always go 'hee haw' you know. =P

10. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

rebecka think it might have been a coyote? I know we have been at the barn and have heard em prowling around.....They make some nasty sounds especially if there on prey...on a different note hows that little doe doing that joanne got ya?

11. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    :ROFL:

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    im going with elk moose or deer. their cries are like a mix between cows and bad brakes

and i would think MA would possibly have an elk population.. i've seen them in texas

i dunno about the coyote though. i live right next to a wildlife reserve ( not the goats though) and i hear them every night.. did you know a single coyote can make 7 sounds at once.. but i'venever heard one sound like a cowhorn

13. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Im going to say you have a bear visiting. Watch your goats.

14. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Sometimes peafowl make very off sounds, but usually like the sound of a baby crying.. or like one of wierd cats being strangled.

Ok, so lets break it down, you could have either heard
    1. A sick cow
    2. A moose
    3. An elk
    4. Male deer
    5. A donkey
    6. coyote
    7. bear
    8. Or, peafowl.

EDIT:
    Ok, so wheres Bob and his wierd morphed animals?

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I don't think we have Moose in MA, but I could be wrong.

16. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    What kinda of noise pattern did it have? Like was it like a "BLLLLAAAAHHHHHH" or a "MOOOOOEROOOF" or a "EEEEOOOHHHAHAA" or whatever, you get the idea, but that could help us decide :shrug:

:ROFL:

17. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    :ROFL: Ok I'm not quite sure I've ever heard ANY of those noises before. The funny part is that I actually sat here trying to sound those out just to get an idea of what sound you were trying to make :ROFL:

18. creaturesall

creaturesall New Member

Oct 26, 2007
    Langdon, AB Canada
    Could you have been hearing the Jonas Brothers newest release?

19. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Your not the only one :ROFL: