The weirdest thing I have ever seen any of my goats do.....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cjpup, Feb 27, 2008.

1. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    As some of u amy know, I perchased a 3 day old myotonic bottle baby a month ago named Cupid. He is doing absolutely wonderful!!! About a week ago, I noticed that he wasnt very hungry for his mid-day feeding at 2:30 pm. It was weird because he is ALWAYS hungry. Anyways, for about 4 or 5 days, he did not want his 2:30 feeding. Yesterday, I went down to the barn to try to feed him his 2:30 feeding. My miniature donkeys (One Jenny and the other her baby) came into the barn to say hello. Cupid was hungry and drank his food. So, I sat in the barn to watch him. Lo and Behold, he walzt right up to my LACTATING Jenny and started NURSING ON HER!!!!!!!!!!!! Then he went up to the baby and tried to get milk from her (she is only 5 months old so has no milk)!!!!!! I WAS SHOCKED!!!!! No wonder he hasnt been hungry!!!

CJ

2. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    Now that's a sweet Jenny that will nurse such an odd looking donkey. :wink:

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Oh wow!! That is weird!

4. jBlaze

jBlaze New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Oregon
    I wish!! That would be SO cool if I didn't have to bottle feed so often. :) Sweet sweet Jenny!

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Picture of this is needed. He ought to grow really well if donkey milk is like mare milk- it reallllly rich.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That would be such a sweet picture. Can I have your Jenny???????

CJ, you have to try to get a picture of that. Can you imagine the comments? Most people me included would be like :shocked:

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    what a wonderful sight that must have been!!!

8. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    I will try my hardest to get a picture for you guys. The Jenny is for sale.........and is BRED!!!

If your interested, go to http://www.FinePygmyPals.com for more info.

There is my public service announcement....... :dance:

You guys dont think it will hurt him, do you?

CJ

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Oh mt goodness. I so would love to buy your Jenny. She is beautiful, but to far away. :?

I really do not think that would be any trouble at all for the baby to nurse for her.

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Wow! How sweet! No I would not think that her milk would hurt him in the slightest. PICTURES PLEASE! :leap:

11. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    UGG!!!! He did it again this morning but I forgot my camera!!!!!!!!! I was so mad!!! :doh: I am going to have to take it down with me everytime!!!

CJ

PS: Then he will never do it!

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    of course - just like my brother who sucked his thumb as a baby - when my mom went to take his picture he wouldn't do it and never did it after that.

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That's funny, and I thought it was cute to see the babies nurse on other moms :lol:

14. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    that is so funny. it would be great if you could get a picture but they never do what we want them to at the right time. i shouldn't think that it would hurt the baby.

15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    LOL.I thought this was funny. CJ,I looked at your page and I think this is very cute:

maaaaaaah!

Look at me, I'm a goat!(It also had a pic of her dog.)

16. cjpup

cjpup New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    TX
    LOL! Yeah, thats angel! She is my baby girl!!!

CJ