the worst part of the year...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatnutty, Mar 24, 2010.

1. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Well now that our kidding season is all over we get to the bad part....deciding who stays and who goes. Unfortunately this year we got all buckling and since we didn't need any more bucks they all have to go. Sale is pending for the last 3 we have right now :sigh:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe I'm sorry -- but think about the money you will get to go back into raising the girls :D

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    haha yeah that is always a bonus...:) I'm pretty much selling most of them and starting over this year.

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Wow ALL bucklings? That really stinks. Great that you could sell them easily and make some $$ though!

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow -- well better stock is always a plus

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yes, we did not get one doeling all year needless to say I weasn't very happy with Billy!
    ...It's hard to do because this is the herd that I started with but I think it will be better later....at least its what I keep telling myself...

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well the does have nothing to do with the kids gender so try a different buck

8. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    That is sooo the hard part. We got 11 bucklings and 5 does. I thought we had it bad with the boys. You made me very greatful to have those 5 doelings. I have 5 wetherlings sold, and 2 does so thats going well. 5 of them Im not sure if they go or stay [3 doelings and 2 bucklings] But it really is the hard part. Im hate when they leave. The moms get so sad, and that makes me sad. Keeping the two bucklings means I gotta cut down on the older buck I have which they arent doing what I want, but still attacked to them.

Hope everyone finds a good home, and you make lots of money. And have a doe year next year. :)

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Yeah, billy is finding a new home! It is hard to see them go but I just have to think of the future goats bought with all the $$ lol :)