The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*Finally* got around to taking some pics of this little lady! Poor girl has not been featured in almost 2 years! I just love how Eclipse has matured this year as a first freshening two year old. She wasn't all that happy with being clipped and setup, she earned her leg as Jr and hasn't had to do this for a long while. :) Thought it would be fun to do a then & now pic.

We recently moved and most of the does dropped in production, the FF taking it the hardest. But still, very happy with this little FF. Can't wait to get this girl back in the ring next year!

Then:

Now :)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Ok you Dairy goateez are something else! I like the way you doe looks, until I see that huge udder. (embarrassed) It looks so heavy & painful for that tiny frame!:eek:mg:
I understand thats what you are looking for ..but geeez...ouch!:imsorry:
I love her color and stance. Congrats on her.

·
Registered
29,935 Posts
Beautiful doe!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the kind words!

@Moers kiko boars The goats actually handle it very well. They are bred to be able to carry large amounts of milk and to be able to function. While they may be a little uncomfortable when they are full, this is the purpose they are bred for. If they were in pain, they wouldn't produce well. Unhappy goats don't make milk! My girls are all milked every 12 hours, when they are first fresh, they may be milked every 8 hours. They really they don't go too long with a hugely full udder. :)
You always want the udder to be soft and pliable, you never want to see them leaking. This is one of my shortest does, I need to get a current height, but even with a full udder she has no problem hopping onto the milking stand that is the same/a little taller than she is. Dairy goats really are amazing animals! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts