The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rustam is one of the breeders who confirm his kids by a pedigree mark mostly.A brown spot is located as the PIRATE EYE CAP on his right eye as u can see it.We noticed it many times that most of his kids have the same mark just with a difference of location some times on the right side and some time on the left.e.g.............This is ''Saddle Back'' he is an other son of Rustam same Pirate eye cap mark like his father but on the left eye side.He also have a saddle mark on his back that is why I named him Saddle back.This kid has more color then other kids because of his mother .

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am guessing it doesnt get to cold there. Here, with ears like that, a few dips in the water bucket during the winter time and it would end in frostbite for sure :)
Another valid point U raised, now here is the reply.In Pakistan we have the winter too, the season divided in four months.It starts from the mid of November and it ends in the mid of March.It is the time in which we have to be very careful but the NATURE helps a lot, how ? In winter we be produce a grass called" BARSIN" it looks like a straw with small leaves on it, the straw is filled with water and after eating it, they don't need to drink water any more.Secondly we gave them a Herbal recipe ,its easily available at stores called "JOHAR JOSHANDA" its sort sort of instant tea, just dissolve 3 or 2 packs in 500ml hot water (drinkable) and pour it in your goats mouth.It tastes great and with in 3 to 5 days they get habitual of it and call u every day on their tea time.Most importantly shorten the depth of the container in which they drink water and always filled it up to the top edges so that they will not dip their ears and chin loosing skin in it but as a matter of fact they never dip their ears in water, in winter believe me they are their own doctor, may be a herbalist is inside them who teaches them that what they need to cure themselves but to experience it u have to take them in an environment where they can feel free and on their own .I mean from where they belong (habitat of ) .If u can't do it then u have to learn what they are in need of , timing is important.I think I have deliver much to solve the riddle if not, U can ask me more any time.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rustam and her daughter SALMA.She has no horns by birth but the same Pirate eye cap on right eye.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Wow it's cool to have you here on TGS. I find it interesting to hear how you care for your goats. I am curious, do all the tea packets have English on them or did you find that one just to show us?

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
I love that eye patch! Very cool that it is a genetic trait that is passed along, rather than a random spotting of pigment!

Yea, where I live, with the bitterly cold winds and temperatures that go to -30 degrees celcius, I don't think those ears would last long, even though they are very neat! My boer goat with floppy ears got his ear tips damaged by the cold (the silly lad wouldn't go inside during a very windy day). I'd have to make a goat balaclava just to keep their ears toasty!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow it's cool to have you here on TGS. I find it interesting to hear how you care for your goats. I am curious, do all the tea packets have English on them or did you find that one just to show us?
Thanks for your warm Warm welcome it gives strength,like B-complex .:)
Almost all the tea packets have English on them,their manufacturers are exporting them internationally.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love that eye patch! Very cool that it is a genetic trait that is passed along, rather than a random spotting of pigment!

Yea, where I live, with the bitterly cold winds and temperatures that go to -30 degrees celcius, I don't think those ears would last long, even though they are very neat! My boer goat with floppy ears got his ear tips damaged by the cold (the silly lad wouldn't go inside during a very windy day). I'd have to make a goat balaclava just to keep their ears toasty!
Very nice comment,
Classical sense of understanding U have and the way U make the POINT clear, is really much better than me .
thanks........plz always watch my posts and comment them...its a request.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Very neat! I just love these goats. :) Thanks again for sharing them with us!

Do you have any pictures of them as newborns? I am curious if they are born with really, really long ears?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can never get over the ears on those goats. Is there a purpose for those long ears?
I think it could be easily cultivated in your cold region as it like a winter crop.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Very neat! I just love these goats. :) Thanks again for sharing them with us!

Do you have any pictures of them as newborns? I am curious if they are born with really, really long ears?
Right now I can't remember where the new born pics are, I just find one of my old farm pics in the year 2000 at that time I was raising and learning PATERI goats not THE GULABI PATERI.

This is another one collection It is a different breed and GOAT
AND here i find another one yes ,he is SHEROO but he is not new born but only six weeks old.I have Sheroo's complete collection till now.watch it ...........

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was his head and ears black and now all turned white?
PLZ ALSO READ THE ABOVE STATEMENTS CAREFULLY , BEFORE COMMENTED ANY THING (LOOK BEFORE U LEAP) :p
THANKS

·
14,615 Posts
I like hearing how you raise these beautiful goats, with the tea and all. Thank you! We all have much to learn from one another.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts