They are driving me nuts!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by morganslil1, Mar 16, 2008.

1. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I am beginning to wonder if daisy is ever going to kidd shes like an over ripe peach.....Jesse has several weeks until time for her to kidd and shes moaning, growning :hair: :hair: :hair:

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :ROFL: She's just toying with you! The second you let your guard down, that's when she'll do it! Di

3. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    But I already let my guard down I took off and went shopping to get my daughters prom dresses we even passed a stork...

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    lol!! :ROFL: You passed a stork? Funny! But dontcha know that even storks don't know when to "deliver" goat babies?! Daisy will just have you bald and when you are ready to give up and are prepared to wait another week, thats when she'll deliver!

5. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    {when you are ready to give up and are prepared to wait another week, thats when she'll deliver!} if thats the case she should have had them ....last week. :scratch:

6. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I checked her a few minutes ago and she had a lot of dried colostrum caked in the hair in front of her teat.

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I've decided that driving people insane is the only real recreation that pregnant goats can manage- otherwise they would be bored waiting themselves.

8. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I couldnt agree more my girls pitch hissy fits then watch to see how long its going to take me to get out there.

9. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Its 3 am do you know where your goats are? I know where mines not....in Labor...sigh

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Anything yet???
    :girl: :girl:

11. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Nothing and if my dates were right she should be 155 days today. :hair:

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    OMG, I'll bet you are going nuts! You know, I began to think that same thing...the "girls" are all sitting around chewing their cud and just decided to make a bunch of noise to see if I'd come out at 2:00a.m. LOL I set up my barn pants & boots like a fireman, so I could just jump into them and go! I'm about to go to "Round Two" the Cashmeres are due starting 3/30. Hang in there kiddo, she can't hold out forever.

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Are you positively sure of the breed date? I had a false heat in one of my does one time and she actually surprised me with an "early" kidding.

14. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    At this point in time Im sure of nothing...I first thought her due date would be april 17th...then she started leaking colostrum so I assumed she would be due the 11- the 13th of this month....I dont see her holding out until april 17th. She had some discharge Im assuming her plug march 8th...

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would definately say that if she doesn't deliver in the next day or two and she's not contracting and pushing and stays the same as she is now and is not uncomfortable and since you do have 2 dates I would go with the second one. Is there a way you can post a pic of her? Being with a goatie and knowing how they are is really different than a pic, but it would be a way of showing her udder and backside to us and have an idea by the way she looks.

OOPS...I saw the pic of her the beginning of your "frenzy" on the 7th....is her udder any bigger than in the pic? If not then I'll say she will wait til the 2nd due date, with a Saanen being of dairy breed.. I do think her udder will be BIG.

16. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Oh boy I found my goat book......theres a possibility for an April Fools baby... :scratch:

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well see that, then you 'll be doing this all over again in about 2 weeks!!! You know what they say "practice makes perfect!" :p

18. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    Uhhh yeah but that means I will have one doe due the 1st and 1 due the 3rd :help: which means I will have how many kids to bottle feed? :scratch: and I will be new to milking :doh: and I thought I could ease into a new schedule life is fixing to get interesting.