They are here! however . . . PIX ARE HERE!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Sonrise Farm, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    Here are my new goats! Saca is the black girl and Daisy is the cream . . . if you notice something funny abotu Daisy's eye she caught a slight cold coming home . .. :love: I love nigerians~ oh yeah . . . Saca is squashed up looking because of the format I had to do to get it to fit on here . . . I am going to update my site today and post a pix that isn't so squashed together . . . Daisy is actually a couple inches shorter in body length than Saca . . . :)

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: They are coming home today . . .

Talitha,

i am glad that your girls are coming home and I bet that they will be everything that you were hoping.

please remember that not all people are up at 7:30 in the morning and that we need to make sure that what we say about others is polite on the boards, not assumptions.

Good Luck with your goaties today!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

what a neat day for you........ :) ...... yes ........we would love to see pics........... :greengrin:

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics! :D

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

:stars: Congrats! How exciting! Can't wait for pics!!

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congratulations Talitha! :leap: And absolutely..you must post piccies!!!

7. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats Guest

Sep 10, 2008

:cool: Yay to new goaties :cool:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I know, you are having so muchfun getting your girls settled in that you "forgot" about us patiently waiting for those piccies! :ROFL:

9. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008

They are here!!!! Wahooo! :ROFL: :hair: :leap:

They provided my day with a few more grey hairs a few minutes ago but all is well . ..

I settled them into their new pen, locked Gypsy in the shed so she wouldn't hurt them (she has horns and is baaad company with new goats, takes her alittle while to get used to them) and went off to milk Spirit in the barn. Carrying hay back to the pen for my precious little sweethearts I find them . . . GONE!
    I just stood there for a few moments. Oh, my gosh, someone is playing a joke on me!. I could literally feel myself turning green as I glanced toward the woods. I could just see a coyote gobbling them up . . . after all they aren't higher than 20 inches . . .
    I turn around slowly to scan the pasture and there they are, making short work of a tiny pine tree. . . Daisy saw me about the same time I saw her and came running. Saca, a little wild, fallowed willingly.
    I grabbed Daisy around her neck and kissed her, scolded her, and then put them both back in the pen, then went and found the hole they had crawled out of. It was small enough so a standard goat couldn't slip thru---- but small enough for a mini to easily escape. Eyes rolling, I patched it up with a spare piece of wood. Humming to myself as I turned to carry the hammer back to the barn, I hear tiny little hoofbeats behind me and . . . there's Daisy . . . again . . .
    So I decided, looking at the mud on her knees, I'll just lock em up in the barn for the night til I deal with the 'other' problems with my pen's fencing.

Anyway, Daisy is not as red as she was in the picture. She is actually cream, and she has nice straight legs that could be a tinsy bit straighter but are okay, the only other problem I have with them is that they seem abit spindly. Other than that she is beautiful!!! Okay ... she could be about 2-3 inches longer in the back . . . but I love her! And i think I found a moonspot on her hindleg! it's a small dark red spot just below the hock . . .
    And Saca is a doll! I thought she was agouti, but she is actually black with random white spots and she is gorgoues! Her rump is steep, but her escutcheon (sp?) is great and she has the longest teats ever . . . She could be a little longer, and her legs could be straighter, but she is very pretty girl with nice shoulders I think and she has sharp withers too and an awesome neck!

Daisy has a puffy eye from the trip . . . (they were in a open-top trailer) and just before I left them I noticed she had a cough . . . so I will be watching her very closely. I think there may be something wrong with her chacha conformation-wise, and I will post a pix of it tomorrow . . .
    Saca is a hundred percent fine, besides being wild. She is about 2 months along now, and it's starting to show . . . I AM SO HAPPY!!!!

:leap: :leap: :leap: :leap: :leap: :leap: :leap: :leap:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

See, I knew you were having a "fun" day!! Can't wait to see your girls.

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Re: They are here! however . . . no pix as of yet . . .

yay new goaties..

daisy's niece is the same weird kind of color.. she was really dark when i first saw pictures of her, now shes like a peachy cream color..

maybe they get lighter as they age

12. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008

I have a Q tho . . . they are so small . . . they barely reach my knees and I am like 5'3 tall. . . does fluffy winter coats make your does look smaller? do you have any pix of your does that have winter coat and are long?

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

by long backed you mean they are long?

14. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008

yes . .. . I'm kind of wondering if I have pygmies instead of nigerians . . . but they aren't cobby, just really fat and fluffy . . .

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

It would be better to see pictures, these are registered nigi's right?
    It really depends on the bloodlines, some nigi's are to the breed standard of the "dairy goat" as they should be, and seeing different herds sometimes can be "odd".... :shrug:

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

no you've definetly got nigies

i'll see if i have some.. my girls fluff up down here, and it only gets to the 40's

i can't find any of my girls at the moment.. but they do fluff up alot when its cold and looks chubby, but if they're preggo and cold.. it explains it all

17. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

No...they seem like the right heighth. They might be a little shorter than some nigis, but some bloodlines (like another post said) produce smaller/larger sized than others. I have some that a small and some that are taller and they're all from different bloodlines. The ones that come from the same bloodlines usually have a lot of similar features such as heigth.

18. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008

I just went to check on them to make sure they were still in the barn . . . :love: :love: :love: I am officially in love now . . . like Laurel Haven said . . . DEFINITELY ADICTING . . . I just love my girls . . .!!!! Pray that Saca and Daisy are both bred . . . I want at least one doe kid from each of them! :leap:

19. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh how fun! They sound awesome!

20. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008

here is what they're conformation looks like . . . and the top pix is kind of what Daisy's color is (not so white tho) and what the moonspot looks like . . . note: THESE AREN'T MY GOATIES!