They are in heat...Now what?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by magilacudy, Feb 21, 2010.

1. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    So the Buck has been here since Jan 23rd. For days the girls kept thier tails down. This morning tails are up and wagging and they are "dancing". Vulva looks a little open, swollen and wet. So I'm pstitive they must be in heat, which is what I was waiting for. So....do I assume they will breed at some point today/tomorrow? Anything I should watch for?

Attached Files:

• 054.JPG
      054.JPG
      File size:
      143.4 KB
      Views:
  2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    the buck should show interest in the does, mount, and you can be fairly sure that the breeding has taken place when the doe hunches up her entire body and squats.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumbup:

If they are wet looking and swollen...he likely has already done the job.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    You may even want to seperate him for around 30 min. then put him back in with the girls, he should "go to town" once he gets back in there. That way you'll be positive they got bred. I have had lazy bucks before that show a whole bunch of interest if they are with the does, but never seem to get the job done until they are seperated then put back in with the girls. ;)

5. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    Thanks so much. ((FINGERS CROSSED)) I'm going to seperate now, then I will place one back in at a time with him. He is a very shy buck, so its a job just trying to catch him.