They bred! Pictures Added

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Epona142, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Having Buck here must have triggered Hope, because when I went out today, she was in FULL blown heat, all the signs.

I was able to witness two good breedings while I was out there, she arched her back even. Boy you could tell they were in love! :greengrin:

FiascoFarm's calculator says the due date will be February 21st. Which I know sounds early to a lot of you, but here in Texas it may be better, seeing as it will be starting to warm up and there won't be bugs yet! I will certainly plan for a cold kidding just in case though.

Watching him, I am really impressed by his looks. He doesn't look Pygmy at all to me, he has the even Nigerian look and is the same size as Hope, only more masculine. I think he's just magnificent looking. And the smell? Not that bad to me. I just won't touch him if I don't have to. :ROFL:

Hope:

[​IMG]

Buck:

[​IMG]

I will try to get better pictures of him later on.

I'm so excited! :stars:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: They bred!

that is so wonderful........ :wahoo: ........they make a beautiful couple... :hug:

they should make pretty kids......... :dance:

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Wow! :drool: They are both very pretty! He's definately part ND!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Well, the FiascoFarm calculator is for 150 days so you better mark down 5 days before as the start of her due date....better to be prepared for kids then/ and that is great that she stood for him...now wait and see if she has a 5 day heat and allow them together again if she didn't settle with this one.

:clap: :leap: You're finally gonna get some babies......AND a good supply of milk!! :leap:

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Alright, I've got the 16th marked down, though I'm sure I'll be watching her close even before then!

I'll keep an eye out for a five day heat too, just in case. I should have some pictures tonight, if I get a chance to get out there with the camera.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Not all does will go to 150....2 of my girls went the night they hit 145 and the other 2 went at 143 and 147. Hoping she settles!

7. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Man he sure knows what he's doing. I watched the courting and breeding for a while, then separated him so she can take a break and eat hay, the poor girl! I got a bunch of pictures, but ah, some were graphic! :oops: I hope hubby doesn't see, then he'll really think I'm nuts! :ROFL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yep....she defintely wants Buck!!

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Our does are due at the same time!!! My blue eyed girl is due Feb 21 too!!! How cool it will be a race now....that is if my girl took, she was with the buck all day.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    And I bred one of mine today - so we will all be expecting babies at the same time.

Epona - last winter was my first time kidding and I was asking questions left and right. Anyway, at that time I didn't have a digital of my own for the barn, so I had to use hubby's from our business. He had to download them for me and they were all ChaCha pics of the goats. Well, somehow the pics ended up on his screensaver at the office, and he had a customer in there and here on this massive screen a ChaCha shows up - he was NOT amused!

12. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh how fun! I can't wait to see which of us gets kids first! :clap:

Oh my gosh kelebek. I can only imagine what his face looked like! :ROFL:

13. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    That was soooo funny Kelebek- My husband would have thought I was insane-or interested in some wierd stuff if that happened here!!! I bet that was sooo embarrassing to him! :ROFL: I can see it now "um, sir, may I ask-What is THAT?" :oops:

14. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats! I can see some very good looking colorful babies coming your way!!!